Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NedShred
Paper Tape
Views: 149
Message 21 of 23

Re: Ideapad 320 speakers very quiet

I think a reasonable comparison is that I should be able to hear dialogue/spoken language easily while sitting next to my computer. When sitting in a quiet room with the laptop right in front of me, if I so much as chew food, I cannot hear what is going on, even at max volume.

Another reasonable comparison is that the computer should be louder than my phone. The phone is MUCH louder than this laptop. You're right it doesn't have sufficient volume. Funny you say "turn it up", I don't think anyone would ever turn it down.

I'm the op of this thread and spent several hours dealing with customer support over the phone (much of it on hold) around the time I originally posted this. Their suggestion was to either use headphones/external speaker, or send the computer back to them for repair/replacement. The latter option was unacceptable as I need it to work, and can't afford to buy another one to use while they "fix" it for two months.

Lenovo permanently lost a customer here, and I tell everyone who will listen not to buy these products. The speakers aren't the only poor feature on this machine. Not expecting magic, just a functional piece of equipment.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

CucumberMan
What's DOS?
Views: 103
Message 22 of 23

I had the same problem with my Lenovo, turns out it was the Windows Settings. Please have a look.

Go to "App Volume and Device Preferences" in the settings.
My volume was 19% for Apps and 3% for Google Chrome.
2kQuestions4Sig
Blue Screen Again
Views: 84
Message 23 of 23

Bull. Windows settings have nothing to do with it. I spent 2 months gettibgs wibdows off of mine, hoping Linux would make it usable. In some ways, it did. But the speakers are just plain garbage. I have an old LG K20+ smartphone, and side-by-side the LG drowns the laptop out. Its pathetic.

And that's WITHOUT windows in the way shutting my laptop down multiple times a day, only to turn back on being unusable for another 2 hours while I troubleshoot.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors