Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcadej
Blue Screen Again
Views: 267
Message 1 of 1

Ideapad 320 touchpad won't drag

Greetings. I have a brand new Ideapad 320-15IAP laptop - actually two of them! One is just fine the other has a problem with the touchpad. Both have had Windows deleted and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS installed. One of the laptops has normal touchpad function except when trying to drag (pressing the left click and moving the cursor with the touchpad). Once the left click is pressed, the touchpad will not move the cursor. A USB mouse works normally on the malfunctioning laptop. Since the other identical laptop works fine and both were upgraded to Ubuntu in the same hour, and USB mouse works OK; it is clearly neither a driver issue nor an OS issue. But here are my questions:

1) how do I request service to repair this touchpad?

2) preliminary checks suggest I would have to ship it to the USA, but can that be correct? Does Lenovo provide a shipping authorization?

3) Since Lenovo support seems to be software-focused, how will the presence of Ubuntu OS affect my prognosis? I did not see any information with the laptop when I purchased it requiring that I retain Windows as my OS to retain warranty coverage - did I miss some small print somewhere?

Thank you for your kind assistance!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors