Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TheSkyFox
Paper Tape
Views: 551
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad 320S 14IKB RAM upgrade

Hello everyone

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320 14IKB Model 80YD that runs 8 GB of RAM. I wanted to upgrade the installed RAM and when i disassembled the laptop and got to the motherboard, i noticed somthing odd, to me at least, it has only one slot for RAM and the one installed says 4GB on it, the system shows 8GB of RAM. After doing some reasearch i found out that is has an (on-board) RAM of 4GB, plus the 4GB installed in the slot adds up to 8GB. My question is what is the maximum RAM i am able to install on this machine? and how does the calculations go with this (on-board) RAM? i'm planing to run 16 GB in that slot, does that mean i'll get 20 GB RAM? Sorry for being a nobbie i need your help guys. Thank you.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 518
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad 320S 14IKB RAM upgrade

Hi TheSkyFox!

Welcome to the community forums. 

Checking on the product overview of the laptop from this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/320-14ikb/80yd/parts/PD1...

Maximum supported capacity: 16 GB DDR4-2133 MHz

If you have a 4gb onboard + 4gb on the other slot. You can only get max of 8gb stick to replace the 4gb stick. Total of 12gb RAM.

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

TheSkyFox
Paper Tape
Views: 506
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad 320S 14IKB RAM upgrade

Thank you Matt. Short and to the point.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors