Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cartwright75
Paper Tape
Views: 299
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad 320S Brightness

My wife bought the above laptop in Feb, works fantastically.

Last couple of days though the brightness is not very bright.  It used to drop down when the charger was unplugged, but that does not make any difference.

We have checked, its 100% charged, and the F11 and F12 function keys do not change the brightness at all - according to the settings it is on full brightness, but sliding the slider does not affect the display at all.

Any ideas?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 273
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad 320S Brightness

Hi Cartwright75! Welcome to our forums community. Have you checked the Power Options? If not, go to power options and set the brightness under battery to full. Please refer to the photo below. Update us how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Kriss65
What's DOS?
Views: 117
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad 320S Brightness

I had the same issue too. It started probably after a Windows 10 update? I noticed it after the battery went so low that it dimmed the screen.

After that the brightness control F11/F12 nor in Windows/settings screen brightness slider didn't affect at all, not even when on AC-power.

The solution for my system was to go into control panel -> system and audio -> device control there navigate to Display driver my system has Intel UHD Graphics 620 -> right click on that and selecting Upgrade driver

(My Windows is installed in Finnish language, so it may be that I haven't used the correct English words in the path to get to the Display driver, hope this helps someboby anyway.)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors