Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KP10
Paper Tape
Views: 8,968
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 320s 14IKB 80X4 - No legacy boot option

When going in to BIOS the Boot Mode is greyed out and locked to UEFI. I've updated to the latest BIOS but alas still no option to change. Am I missing something or have Lenovo locked it out (which would be VERY iritating!). I've disabled secure boot, disabled fast boot and disabled the OS support but still no legacy boot. I want to boot from a USB stick but its just not showing up. I've tried the Novi button but all I get is the Window boot loader. Any ideas?

Highlighted
KP10
Paper Tape
Views: 9,017
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad 320s 14IKB 80X4 - No legacy boot option

Found the answer.

The SATA controller mode needed changing to AHCI. This brought up the option of legacy boot in boot mode.

Carlos2165
What's DOS?
Views: 7,618
Message 3 of 4

Hi

I’m having the same problems. When I try to change the SATA controller mode a Window appears warning that if i change the controller mode the drivers will reset. Did this also happen to you? Thanks 

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 7,605
Message 4 of 4

@Carlos2165 wrote:

I’m having the same problems. When I try to change the SATA controller mode a Window appears warning that if i change the controller mode the drivers will reset.

If you change the disk adapter mode, Windows will no longer boot.  One solution is to re-install Windows.  Alternatively, the following web page contains instructions that might work for you:

https://triplescomputers.com/blog/uncategorized/solution-switch-windows-10-from-raidide-to-ahci-oper...

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors