Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmorten
Paper Tape
Views: 1,305
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 320s-14ikb: SATA SSD and M.2 SSD simultaneously

Hi,

I have recently bought a 320s which came with a 128GB M.2 SSD. Now, I have installed a Samsung Evo 250GB SSD in the SATA interface and figured I'd use the stock 128GB for storage.

For less confusion, I removed the 128GB, inserted the 250GB, installed Windows 10, and refitted the 128GB afterwards. 

The Windows 10 installation works fine. However, I can't see the 128GB disk - it doesn't show in BIOS or Disk Management in Windows. 

Is the 320s not capable of running SATA and M.2 disks at the same time, or is this a BIOS / software misconfiguration? I have installed the latest BIOS update, Intel Storage drivers and so on.

Thanks for any input!

donsay
Paper Tape
Views: 500
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 320s-14ikb: SATA SSD and M.2 SSD simultaneously

Hi!

I have a similar issue with a Flex5 laptop. I installed a SATA 1TB Samsung Evo 860, thinking I could use it for additional storage. The BIOS recognized both the original 256 GB M.2 drive and the SATA drive. The SATA drive was first in the list, so I assume that became the boot drive. I couldn't find any way to adjust the order of the boot drive.

After I installed the Evo, the laptop wouldn't boot. It came up with a message that I need to use recovery tools. I removed the Evo 860, and the laptop still wouldn't boot.

I had imaged the M.2 before I started all this. I had to restore the image in order to get the laptop working again. Somehow just installing the SATA Evo drive corrupted the M.2 drive.

Hopefully someone will post an answer.

Don

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors