Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdieSL
Paper Tape
Views: 318
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 330-15ARR Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81D2 / PF1556R4 - Ubuntu installation

I need to install ubuntu but when I start the installation with USB installation the installation process geets stuck.... 

Did anyone managed to install Ubuntu on this device ? 

Any advice would be appreciated 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 282
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad 330-15ARR Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81D2 / PF1556R4 - Ubuntu installation

Hi AdieSL,

Thank you for reaching us here in our community forums. Upon checking, the IdeaPad 330 is not tested for Linux operating system. Here is the list of our devices that has been tested for Linux https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd031426 You may try to install Linux operating system, but we cannot guarantee that all features will function properly. Let us know if you need further help. 

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

AdieSL
Paper Tape
Views: 266
Message 3 of 4

Re: Ideapad 330-15ARR Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81D2 / PF1556R4 - Ubuntu installation

I understand that the device might not be certified but as all normal manufacturers it should run any linux flavour.

I have managed to install Ubuntu with uneboot tool.

At the installation press TAB and add the option noapic

On ubuntu the brigthess controll works , while on windows does not.

However the touchPad problem persists. Is there any solution for the touchpad ????

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 245
Message 4 of 4

Is the touchpad not working in Windows? Apparently we don't have available touchpad driver for Ubuntu.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors