Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peradetlic
Blue Screen Again
Views: 765
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 330-15IGM - Fan/cooling problems

I've just bought Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IGM (81D100CUYA) and installed a fresh Windows 10 with all the latest updates from Lenovo System Update software, and noticed that fan/cooler is working loudly even when the system is in idle. Fan starts to spin up about 10 secounds after boot and never stops. There are oscillations in fan speed regarding cpu load, but in idle, it’s not logical to be in that state.

I have the latest BIOS version which is currently 7XCN28WW. Processor temperature is between 40 and 45 celsius and processor load is not more than 5%. I know this behaviour with noise fan is not normal and I assume it’s even BIOS issue or in worse case hardware issue.

I’ve called local Lenovo service and they told me it’s not normal and they need to do some system tests, etc. But since notebook is new I do not want to leave it there for days. 

Also, I noticed there are people who had similar issues, and I’m wondering have anybody successfully resolved the issue?

I’m about to return notebook to the store and to buy another brand, but want to give one additional chance, maybe it is solvable? Does anybody tried to resolve issuse by taking it to the service?

Edit:

Notebook configuration: Type:81D1, Intel Pentium N5000, 4GB, SSD 120, AMD Radeon 530

S6of6Brown
Paper Tape
Views: 636
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 330-15IGM - Fan/cooling problems

I have replaced hard drive it is
A MANUFACTURERS DEFECT!
There should be zero reasons for a New computer to BURN UP the hard drives. The design does not COOL the HDD , So it burns up. What a shame!
I am disappointed with lenovo / Lameovo

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors