Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssaurabh2008
Fanfold Paper
Views: 217
Message 1 of 7

Ideapad 330 81DE008PIN - Dull/Dim Display

Hello guys,

Is anyone facing dull or dim display problem on Ideapad 330 81DE008PIN laptop?

I have bought this laptop couple of weeks ago, but I feel the screen is very dull as compared to my 8 years old lenovo laptop.
Right now I've set the brightness at 70% and I still feel it's not bright enough.
Also, I think (not sure) this laptop has yellow tint all over the screen.
My old laptop was brighter than this at 60%

By the way, the 'night light' is already turned off.

Please help me with this.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 177
Message 2 of 7

Re:Ideapad 330 81DE008PIN - Dull/Dim Display

Hi ssaurabh2008!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

We recommend updating the Display drivers for the machine to eliminate the possibility of a bad driver that's causing the issue. Link here:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/330-15ikb-type-81de/down....

Once done, try running Display Color Calibration (press the Windows Key+R, type dccw and press Enter).

Guide:
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht062744

We'll wait for your update on your progress.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

ssaurabh2008
Fanfold Paper
Views: 155
Message 3 of 7

Re: Re:Ideapad 330 81DE008PIN - Dull/Dim Display

Thanks for your reply, but I've already followed both the steps.
The screen is still yellowish.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 141
Message 4 of 7

Re: Ideapad 330 81DE008PIN - Dull/Dim Display

Hello ssaurabh2008,

Thanks for writing back. There is a high possibility that the machine is defective if the above steps doesn't work and we recommend contacting the Lenovo Helpdesk especially if the computer is still under warranty.

You can use this link https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist to find the phone number for Lenovo helpdesk for your country of residence.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

lmtrem
What's DOS?
Views: 73
Message 5 of 7

Did this get resolved, i just purchased an ideapad 330 and i find the display dull, yellow and not very crisp.  Is this particular to the 330 and should i exchange it for a different model?

Benji96
802.11n
Views: 65
Message 6 of 7

Well, there is a review on the page Notebookcheck which measures the displays of their review devices. The literal opener to the review is "Deplorable display", because it is color inaccurate, its viewing angles are bad due to being TN instead of IPS, the color temperature is way off and the colors are way off. It also is really dark and being described as "dull and washed-out". It is not a driver error or something to that effect, the display is just one of the cheapest you could get and it is so on the entire 330 lineup. If you want a better display, you should get an entirely different device.

Highlighted
ssaurabh2008
Fanfold Paper
Views: 37
Message 7 of 7

No, the issue is not resolved.
I didn't go to the service center.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors