Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunSet08
Punch Card
Views: 628
Message 1 of 6

Ideapad 330 Ryzen 2500u Processor speed limitation

I've learned that my processor has a speed limitation. It reduces the speed of the computer processor after 65 degrees. It reaches 73 degrees and I see that it does not exceed 2.0 GHz. Processor limitation. I'm doing a processor test with the AIDA64 program. After 5 minutes I see that it does not exceed 2.0GHz. When I see the temperature at 73 degrees, I see the processor limitation coming.

330-15ARR Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81D2

Machine Type Model: 81D20069TX

BIOS: 7VCN46WW

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 583
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad 330 Ryzen 2500u Processor speed limitation

Hi SunSet08! Welcome to our forums community. When did this start? Was there any changes or any updates before the issue arise? Is it happening when even when the charger is plugged in? It it connected on a docking station? Try running the Lenovo Vantage app update. You can get it here: https://vantage.lenovo.com/. Install all available updates.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

SunSet08
Punch Card
Views: 580
Message 3 of 6

Re: Ideapad 330 Ryzen 2500u Processor speed limitation

I used my computer for a month. I'm using the latest version of Lenovo Vantage. I downloaded and reinstalled the BIOS, but I am having problems. I use it with a charger. All updated. I am using Windows 10 version 1903. I see the short-term 3.0GHz of the AMD Ryzen 5 2500u. After 3 minutes the processor speed starts to drop. After 5 minutes, it does not exceed 2.0GHz. When the temperature is 70 degrees, the processor speed drops by half. I can see a short speed from the processor.

Same as your friend's problems;

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx/Ideapad-330-Ryzen-5-2500u-underperformin...

Can you look at the picture I uploaded?

Which should I choose when I drop the BIOS version? I didn't install BitLocker. I couldn't set a password. The BIOS settings are in the default setting. When I say no, he asks the same question at every opening. This warning screen does not appear when you say yes.

SunSet08
Punch Card
Views: 546
Message 4 of 6

Ynt: Ideapad 330 Ryzen 2500u Processor speed limitation

Is there no authority to solve my problem? 

I'm doing a processor test with AIDA64.  It runs between 50 and 60 degrees at a rate of 3.0 Hz for 10 seconds. Operates between 2 minutes and 60 to 70 degrees at 2,89 GHz. When it reaches 73 degrees, it drops to 1.60 GHz. The processor should not fall too early. i5 My Asus computer runs at 2.50 and 3.1 GHz, up to 90 degrees. Asus does not slow the speed of the AIDA64 stress test. This is your **bleep**ing computer slowing down after 5 minutes.

Highlighted
Nabooka
Paper Tape
Views: 29
Message 5 of 6

Ynt: speed limitation

I have the same machine and the same problem ;(  -It has never boosted to 3,6 ghz as promised in the specs and it throttles back to 2 ghz base freq when it hits 65°. This is a deliberate Lenovo bios thing and there doesn't seem to be a way to unlock it!?

I've tried AMD Ryzen Master, but it won't even recognize the system!!! 

Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 26
Message 6 of 6

Ynt: speed limitation

The issue is, peak speeds only appear during single-core load. Plus, unlike Yoga devices, IdeaPad devices seem to have 15W TDPs set in, mine has 20W. Mine clocks, under full load, around 2.5 GHz. Now take 5 additional Watts away and you're at the base clock. That is the expected behaviour. Also, forget about Ryzen Master and the likes, laptops are mostly locked down so that these software possibilities don't exist.

Did I/anybody else help you? Give a Kudo!
Did a post solve your problem? Set the post as solution!

Lenovo Yoga 530-14ARR (81H9003VGE)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors