Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Casual_gamer
Paper Tape
Views: 2,134
Message 201 of 208

Re: Ideapad 330 Ryzen 5 2500u underperforming

Considering it is a mid range all round laptop, it isn't designed to be a powerhouse. But due to rare cases you may use "AMD Overdrive" software.

sudduram
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,440
Message 202 of 208

how to increase color quality and shine on display ,very bad color during video play and resolution is bad , cause blurr fadded display

CharlConradie
What's DOS?
Views: 1,269
Message 203 of 208

So, after all these complaints, Lenovo is still ignoring us. This will be my first and last Lenovo laptop. Why gimp a laptop with so much more potantial? Maybe we should take this up with AMD, this bad reputation is hurting them as well

Also, 2/10 for built quality on this laptop. Track pad seems loose, screen wobbles if you just look at it hard enough.

LenovoIdea
Punch Card
Views: 1,223
Message 204 of 208

There is a new tool released called Mobile Ryzen Master. It adjusts the TDP however it will throttle after a while of gaming. Anyone got it to work on their 330s without throttling?

adithyas007
Paper Tape
Views: 1,213
Message 205 of 208

Hi everyone, who is having tough time because of the thermal throttling and underperformance of this laptop, i literally tried every thing in the internet for getting the better performance out of this laptop  and finally ended up in a YouTube channel "RyzenFromAshes", i was able to solve all my issues from the tutorial mentioned in these channel including thermal problems, driver issues  etc, i would suggest evryone to visit this channel and there is a tool for adjusting tdp with a tutorial, do check it out. (make sure to run this tool with administrator privileges), thank you have a good day to all,, peace 🤘✌️

SHWAT
Paper Tape
Views: 801
Message 206 of 208

Get this software- 
Ryzen Controller

https://gitlab.com/le.storm1er/ryzen-controller/releases

You can use it to iincrease the TDP limits thereby also increasing the maximum performance.Capture.PNG

Remember to go to the settings tab and enable the periodic application of selected settings option to 30sec or 60sec.

But remember that this is a 3rd party software and increasing tdp can cause some heating issues. Get a cooling pad or use it in moderation.

There is a lot of improvement in performance after using this fix. I mainly use this laptop for playing Battlefield 1 MP, Bf V, JC3, Witcher 3, AC-Origins and Odessey. You can get and improvement of upto 20-30 fps which is pretty good for most using a budget laptop like this.

This works for me. Cheers!

noogins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 755
Message 207 of 208

This works but I still throttle after about ten minutes for absolutely no reason. Curse you Lenovo I have been battling this since day one. I should have returned the thing when I had the chance. Never ever again Lenovo!

SHWAT
Paper Tape
Views: 401
Message 208 of 208

Did you read the whole message? The part where I asked you to change the settings to refresh itself every 30 sec or so? You should try doing that and also set the temperature limit to 75 C. This does cause overheating so recommend using the laptop in a nicely air-conditioned room while performing heavy duty tasks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors