Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philipe0136
Paper Tape
Views: 6,281
Message 1 of 15

Ideapad 330 slow

I've recently bought a new ideapad 330 (i7 8250U,8gb ram 1 tb HDD), set it all up and updated everything that needs updating (windows/drivers) but its running extremely slow.

While I get its not the most powerful laptop it should be able to handle me doing more than 2 task at a time without it causing me porblems.

Its struggling to switch windows when I'm doing multiple things and generally running awful,the boot is slow and until it opens google chrome takes about 2 minutes

Any ideas why this brand new laptop is running like I've had it years old?

Thanks in advance.

SirMonkeyV
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,273
Message 2 of 15

Re: Ideapad 330 slow

Check to see if you are in battery saving mode. That could potentially slow it down. Also look to see how many programs are open inside the task manager. Having a lot of programs open could also be the case. I recommend disabling the startup for any program you don't need in task manager. Is your memory, HDD, and CPU usage high? 

Philipe0136
Paper Tape
Views: 6,264
Message 3 of 15

I already got all these points, my notebook arrived yesterday
Wizzbang
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,402
Message 4 of 15

I have also purchased one of these and I have to say it is the worst laptop I have had.

It is soooooooo slow doing anything.  Takes a couple of minutes to get to the login screen, then about 2 minutes before I can actually do anything. Then starting programs and switching between them is so painful.

What's the crack Lenovo??????

vernon7272
Punch Card
Views: 5,356
Message 5 of 15

i believe your problem is that 1tb, if possible you should opt for an sata ssd or m.2 nvme ssd your will notice a dramatic improvement in your systems response time and productivity.

Ideapad 330s
Ryzen 5 2500u Vega 8
Evo plus NvMe 256GB
20GB Ram 4Gb O.B/16GB crucial
lagnova
What's DOS?
Views: 3,147
Message 6 of 15

I got the same problem. and I change the SSD 500gb. but I still have problem that slows a lot down only when chargin the battery

rosnysbois
Punch Card
Views: 2,970
Message 7 of 15

Hello everyone

I am a French User (sorry I use the Google translation from French to English).

I just bought a IDEAPAD 330 17IKBR Model 81DM009AFR (same configuration as Filipe0136) I see the same slowness, equipped with an HDD, I would like to replace this with a SSD Samsung 860 QVO DE 1TO. 

I would like to know if this SSD is compatible with my device? If yes after having clooner and put it in place of the HDD is there a manipulation to do in the bios?

I thank you in advance for all that will help me. Have a good day.

IDEAPAD 330 17IKBR 81DM009AFR
Samsung Note 9
Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,937
Message 8 of 15

Any SATA device works in any SATA port! There is no "limited compatibility". Oh, by the way, do NOT go for SSDs with QLC memory as that memory is slower and more unreliable than TLC memory. Go for the regular 860 Evo, but not the QVO.

It is an absolutely expected occurrence for devices with a regular HDD as a boot device to be very slow. You should never buy a device which has no SSD as a boot drive.

Did I/anybody else help you? Give a Kudo!
Did a post solve your problem? Set the post as solution!

Lenovo Yoga 530-14ARR (81H9003VGE)
rosnysbois
Punch Card
Views: 2,797
Message 9 of 15

Thanks @Benji96 for your advices.Yesterday finally I cloned my HDD and installed the SSD in my pc. Startup time is less than 20 seconds.It's a success. 1 month ago I had to do the same manipulation on another lenovo PC of the same series but with different configuration, unfortunately this one he never wanted to start either with the SSD or with its original HDD. I had to return it to the store. That's why I came here to ask the question before making a second betise. 

Second and last step, replacing the memory, I bought one of 8GB that I will add to the 4GB which is soldered to the motherboard. Normally I'll get it tomorrow.

Merci beaucoup a tou et a bientot = Thanks a lot to all and see you soon

IDEAPAD 330 17IKBR 81DM009AFR
Samsung Note 9
ShirM
Paper Tape
Views: 1,021
Message 10 of 15

@lagnova wrote:

I got the same problem. and I change the SSD 500gb. but I still have problem that slows a lot down only when chargin the battery

This happens due to the rapid charge tech.

it probably prioritizes the rapid charge over performance. To disable it i used Lenovo Vantage toolbar that has an option to turn it off and on.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors