Paper Tape
Views: 90
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 330S 14" (81F40038US) Extremely Slow -- SSD & RAM Upgrade Help

Hello, I have the following Lenovo Ideapad:

Ideapad 330S 14" - Platinum Grey

Part No: 81F40038US

Configuration Details

• Processor: 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor (1.60GHz, up to 3.40GHz with Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64
  • Display Type: 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare
  • Memory: 8 GB DDR4 2400MHz (4 GB Onboard + 4 GB DIMM)
  • Hard Drive: 1TB 5400 RPM
  • Optical Drive: None

It was purchased in Septermber 2018 and has always been extremely slow. I assume it was due to system updates or startup programs or outdated drivers, but I have investigated both matters and neither have solved the problem. I only use the laptop for simple applications like web browsing and word processing, but it is extremely slow to load programs and webpages, and is generally slow to boot up and slow to respond to my inputs.

A couple of questions:

1. Has the source of this issue been identified and is there a fix that doesn't involve upgrading my RAM or adding an SSD? If not, do I need to pursue both or just one of the foregoing options?

2. If I decide to upgrade my RAM, can you recommend a compatible part that will work with my configuration?

3. If I decide to add an SSD, can you recommend a compatible part hat will work with my configuration and walk me through moving the OS from the HDD to the new SSD?

Please keep in mind I am hoping to perform the upgrade for as little cost as possible, so the SSD would only need to be big enough for the OS. Thank you!!!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 48
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 330S 14" (81F40038US) Extremely Slow -- SSD & RAM Upgrade Help

Hi GerStud101! Welcome to our forums community. Have you checked the running programs on the background? Could you provide to us a screenshot of the performance tab under the task manager?

Your computer can upgrade the RAM up to 8GB DDR4-2400 MHz, SODIMM and you can refer to this: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/330s-14ikb/81f4/81f40038.... For compatible SSD's, you can refer to this link: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/330s-14ikb_330s-14ikbx_330s-15ikb_330s-15ikbx_hmm_2..., page 73 or you can refer to the photo below.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors