Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaaa330
Punch Card
Views: 98
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 330S-14IKB ASPM unavailable, seemingly a Bug in UEFI

i have ideapad 330S-14IKB (Intel) and have found out that ASPM support of PCI Express Root Port #6 (at 0:1C:0) seems not appropriately configured. Somehow the bits 11:10 of Link Capabilities Register, the field for Active State Link PM Support, and the bits 1:0 of Link Control Register, the field for Active State Link PM Control, of the device are all set to zero, and it seems that this makes ASPM unavailable and the event log get flooded with WHEA-Logger events (ID: 17) when trying to use ASPM.

As far as I understand, Link Control Register is a Read-Write register and can be overwritten by bootloaders like grub2, but on the other hand Link Capabilities Register is a Read-Only register and there seems to be no way but to fix UEFI to make ASPM available.

Since I am not an expert, the explanation above may be based on some misunderstandings (sorry if any).

After googling a lot, i have found that the same or, at least, similar problem occurred or is occurring for other models of Lenovo products, e.g. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M900-Tiny-UEFI-Bug-M-2-NVMe-SSD-amp-8260-WiF...
(I think this link would give a good insight.)

This is what I've got with HWiNFO and RWEverything:

rw-1c_trimmed.pnghwi1c.pngrw-1c_trimmed.png

, where you see ASPM Support in the right pane of HWiNFO indicates None and the value of Link Capabilities Register, which is at 0x4C-0x4F in my case (I guess), is 0x06724013, whose 11:10 bits are zeros.

In my case the PCIe Root Port for SSD seems working correctly and, for comparison, below is what I've got for the port.

hw1d.pngrw-1d_trimmed.png

I have already tried updating drivers and Windows, and even reinstalling Windows, to no avail, of course.

Is there any hope?

aaaa330
Punch Card
Views: 31
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 330S-14IKB ASPM unavailable, seemingly a Bug in UEFI

Still persists this issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors