cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vashno1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 447
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 330S 15-IKB - Some FN functions do not work after SSD upgrade and clean install of Windows

I have replced the original SSD in my Ideapad 330S with my trusty Samsung 860 Evo 2.5 inch, and have clean installed Windows 10 Pro 1903. I have every single and latest driver installed for the machine, however some of the FN keys dont seem to do anthing. I have Lenovo Vantage installed but it doesn't change anything, installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled the Power Managment driver countless numbers of times, updated the BIOS, tried reseting the BIOS to factory defaults, and nothing. Volume and brightness work, but nothing else does. The touchpad disable button works but doesn't show onscreen the prompt that it is off, I have to guess if its on or off. The camera, microphone, airplane mode, lock buttons all do not work and do not show any prompts whatsoever. 

How do I fix this? Thanks!

Vashno1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 433
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad 330S 15-IKB - Some FN functions do not work after SSD upgrade and clean install of Windo

Going back to the original drive without wiping or doing anything with it, the FN functions do not work still. I guess the latest BIOS update broke them, looks like I might just return this laptop.....

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 391
Message 3 of 4

Re: Ideapad 330S 15-IKB - Some FN functions do not work after SSD upgrade and clean install of Windo

@Vashno1 wrote:

I guess the latest BIOS update broke them

I don't know whether your problem is caused by the latest BIOS, but it should be possible to return to the BIOS that you were using previously. All published versions of the BIOS can be downloaded from this web site. The catch is that you cannot access them directly from a web page -- only the most-recent BIOS can be accessed from a web page.

So this is what you do: go to the Support page for your laptop and display the selection that has the BIOS. Expand the entry to display the details. There should be a "Download" button. Don't click it!

Instead, right-click the download button and copy the web address. Then paste it into a new browser tab. Now edit the web address and change the BIOS version number in the name of the exe file to the one that you want. For example, for my 700-15ISK this would be:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/e5cn63ww.exe

The version number to change is the "63" in the exe name.  Obviously this is not the correct web address for your BIOS.

Finally, to install an older version of the BIOS, you need to enter the BIOS and enable the setting that allows this, and then save and exit. By default, the BIOS prevents an older version replacing a newer version.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

harieshselva05
Fanfold Paper
Views: 376
Message 4 of 4

Try installing lenovo utility app from windows store and restarting the device.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors