Did you mean: 
IdN_
Paper Tape
Views: 2,378
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad 330S-15ARR Black screen

Spoiler

Hey,

I bought my laptop about 2 months ago, a couple of days ago after a windows update was initiated on shutdown it won't turn back on correctly. This is what happens:

• Led lights up

• CPU-fan starts spinning

• Screen stays completely black

• Stays on (runs till I turn it off)

So, I'm not getting any feedback on screen at all, although I can turn off and on the led for the keyboard whilst holding down the FN-button.

But, this is what I've tried already (without success):

• Connect a display via HDMI

• Removed battery and power and held down power-button to clear the capacitors

• Pressed the "Novobutton"

Since there is integrated RAM with this model I can't re-seat the RAM (which was a recommendation online).

SO, what should I do? Is there someone out there that has the answer or a recommended fix? Or should I turn to the retailer that sold me the PC?

Kind regards,

IdN

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,255
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad 330S-15ARR Black screen

Hello 

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums, let's try to go to safe mode. Try these steps:

1. If you have a windows sign-in screen, use "Shift + Restart" the power icon should be on the bottom right hand corner clicking on it you should see the option to restart. 

2. Interrupting the normal boot process three times in a row, if Windows 10 fails to boot normally it enters by default in an automatic repair mode. You can use the power button to interrupt it. Then select advanced options when automatic repair mode is triggered.

3. Use a windows 10 installation and the command prompt. By selecting repair your computer to trigger advanced options again. 

Also, we'd love to learn more what happens if you press the NOVO button. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Wam0198
Paper Tape
Views: 1,468
Message 3 of 5

Hey, I have the exact same Problem now and I bought it about 2 month ago, too...
Can you tell me how you solved the problem? I tried a lot but it still doesn't workSmiley Sad
Thank you
JerFitz
What's DOS?
Views: 1,330
Message 4 of 5

Bought in November and having the exact same issues as outlined above. Any ideas for your faulty Ideapads Lenovo? First time customer and unlikely to buy again 

MattBirdy
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,188
Message 5 of 5

see this post's link at the bottom. I'll update it as I get more news from Lenovo.
My last lenovo was fantastic, so is this one! In my understanding Windows is responsible for the UEFI/BIOS update bricking my laptop, not Lenovo. Not sure why Microsoft wants to push firmware (UEFI/BIOS) through windows update, this is one of the reasons why they shouldn't. I'll only do Lenovo recommended firmware (BIOS/UEFI) from the support site from now on.

I'm a PC Tech for the last 15 years, if you did the firmware update and you get nothing but LED's and spinning fan after doing all the normal diagnostics (remove reseat RAM, use reset button on the side with paperclip, working battery and charger) its probably "bricked". It'll need the motherboard replaced and/or firmware reflashed to make it come alive again.

I'm hoping that because I am only 60-65 days in on the warranty that it is covered. Wish there was a way to Alert current 330s-15arr owners of this possible situation....

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx/IdeaPad-330S-black-screen-on-boot-after-...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors