Message 1 of 21

Ideapad 330s-15ARR bios buffer too small issue/wrong bios version

Hi everyone, 

I encountered a problem with bios versions. My current bios version is 

Image removed......... BIOS Version shown in image is 7WCN33WW

But actually latest bios version on support is 6CvspoG

and when I enter bios and try to save anything I encounter this issue 

Pjd2Uk3

Any help to black flash bios ? Taking in considerationt the fact that I can't save any bios settings so I tought of usb stick back flash. On support page I got only automatical setup but it is useless. Any ideas how to use usb stick to back flash ?

Mod's Edit: Image removed for the owner's protection as it showed the serial number of the system. Please edit out the serial number if you wish to re-post the image. Thanks!

late_uNdead
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,080
Message 2 of 21

Re: Ideapad 330s-15ARR bios buffer too small issue/wrong bios version

So I have to next bios update or what ?

John_
Paper Tape
Views: 3,937
Message 3 of 21

Have you already solved the problem? 
I have the same issue with the same laptop, and couldn´t figure out how to solve it...

late_uNdead
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,931
Message 4 of 21

Haven't solve it yet, backflash function is blocked by small size buffer that doesn't allow me to enable that function and bios setup doesn't work without backflash function enabled. So I have to wait until new version of bios is released unfortunately.

John_
Paper Tape
Views: 3,918
Message 5 of 21

Okay, thanks for the answer!

It´s exactly the same problem in my case...

The last option left, would be to disconnect your CMOS battery, but you lose your warranty and it´s a bit risky. 
The lenovo support told me they would do it in their workshop for 90€, but i will wait for the BIOS update, too.

Do you know what caused that problem in the first place?

late_uNdead
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,910
Message 6 of 21

Random windows 10 update

John_
Paper Tape
Views: 3,907
Message 7 of 21

Aha that makes sense!
There was an update while i tried to change some settings in the BIOS...
JulesVerne
What's DOS?
Views: 3,728
Message 8 of 21

Hi guys,

I'm facing the same issue after the latest bios update 7WCN33WW. I no longer can save changes , and I receive the same error mesage. 

Any ideea when the next version will be released that will hopefully fix this ? Thanks!

KaptCaveman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,700
Message 9 of 21

Hello

I have exact same problem, Windows 10 updated bios yesterday and now i have everything same as original poster. There is older post with this problem...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx/BIOS-menu-warning-on-Lenovo-330S-15ARR/t...

Same thing happened when people updated to 7WCN27WW, then 7WCN28WW supposed to fix this. Now with 7WCN33WW it happens again, i can't change or save anything in bios, can't use dedicated radeon gpu, can't reflash or downgrade bios, i guess we are lucky we can boot to Windows at least. I updated from 7WCN22WW (if i remember correctly), it was bios version that was installed when i bought laptop.

I guess we can pray and wait for fully functional bios update, so please fix this, i am really not in the mood to disassemble laptop and reset CMOS by pulling batteries out which seems to fix problem.

regards

Highlighted
MattBirdy
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,553
Message 10 of 21

Confirmed here, after the 33WW bios crash issue I had my motherboard replaced by Lenovo.

Couldn't save any bios settings at all. All you have to do is remove the small screws holding the bottom panel on, then peel it open by grabbing near the screen hinge and separate the bottom panel. Be patient, firm, but gentle, it'll pop right off. Then there is a cable going from a small round battery to the board by the power port. Unplug that. Then find the cable that has multiple colors on it coming from the main battery to the mainboard. Gentle wiggle it loose until it unplugs. Now, Press the power button on the laptop and hold it for 5-10 sec. Plug your main battery cable back-in, then plug in the small battery again. Put the panel back on, put the screws back in, squeeze the edges GENTLY around the perimeter of the laptop to snap the panel back in if it isn't sitting correctly. 

That's it. Fire it up, enter your bios/UEFI settings, set your clock and options and save. Yep, it saves now! No more "Oil" error. :-)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors