Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
late_uNdead
Fanfold Paper
Views: 267
Message 11 of 20

Re: Ideapad 330s-15ARR bios buffer too small issue/wrong bios version

I do appreciate your solutions for hard fixing it but not really into lossing my warranty. I'd like to get next update for my bios.

MattBirdy
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 257
Message 12 of 20

You won't. I opened my case, installed a new hard drive in it, then later on after the bios issue happened I sent it to Lenovo, guess what... Didn't void my warranty by opening the bottom panel. 

Right to repair. It's very simple to open this bottom panel opposed to other laptops. There is no seal or warranty invalidation sticker to break by opening the bottom cover. Your choice, min is working fine and still perfectly valid warranty. Good luck waiting on the next bios

KaptCaveman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 133
Message 13 of 20

Has anyone tried new Bios version 7WCN35WW, is same thing still happening, or does it update like it should? I did solve issue with version before by opening case and reseting CMOS battery in the end...

MattBirdy
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 113
Message 14 of 20

I do indeed have the new 35WW BIOS. All is well.

When you upgrade to the 33WW/35WW, BE PATIENT! Keep the laptop plugged in, let the update start and no matter what... let it do its thing. The progress animation freezes for a long while, don't panic, its still going! It will restart back into Windows when it has finished. 
I did the 33 BIOS version on a brand new out-of-box 330s and had no issues. Then I went to the 35WW, again no issues. 

John_
Paper Tape
Views: 100
Message 15 of 20

I made the BIOS update today and it changed nothing....
I had the issue on the 33 version and exactly the same for the 35. 
I'm really disappointed!

Highlighted
MattBirdy
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 96
Message 16 of 20

What were you hoping for it change/fix?

If you can't save bios settings/changes then you need to perform the battery disconnect procedure to fix that.

It is mentioned by me a couple posts before this. 

KaptCaveman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 74
Message 17 of 20

thx for the answer MattBirdy, i usually don't even update bios on any computer if everything works fine, but that Win 10 was so annoying in persuading me to update it every time i turned laptop on. I really don't like Win 10 automatic update scheme, and in the end i don't mind important and stable system updates, but i really wish there is a way to exclude bios updates from this somehow..

MattBirdy
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 63
Message 18 of 20

Oh, so you are bothered that it bugged you to do the update and when you did nothing changed... Correct?

While not a Lenovo issue, you can tell Windows to postpone updates in your update settings. It will let you do this for about 30 days, then it will not let you postpone again until it does that set.

Essentially. 

As Microsoft has said, Windows 10 is a service. It will continually be updating and gaining new features and enhancements. No updates...no goodies. 

The bios update does enhancements to things you don't notice usually, but is definitely a good idea to do if the manufacturer pushes it. Lenovo Vantage app will also push these bios updates, they are necessary in Lenovos eyes. Microsoft follows suit and pushes the same bios.

KaptCaveman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 47
Message 19 of 20

oh no, i didn't expect any changes, except that it stop bugging me with bios update, i expected that it works like it did before update, but it didn't Smiley Happy

late_uNdead
Fanfold Paper
Views: 21
Message 20 of 20

Many thanks for answers. I didn't even thought that I'd have to service my laptop after I bought it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors