Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bc1112
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,549
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad 330s - 15ARR fuzzy screen on boot

Recently, after updating to Windows 10 version 1809; occasionally  my ideapad 330s laptop begins to boot and then freezes on a fuzzy, old fashioned static tv-like image appears (Image of screen is below). This happens inconsistently and only seems to happen after laptop has been shut down for at least 5 or 10 minutes, and after the laptop has been force shutdown and rebooted it boots perfectly fine.

Edit: system also boots fine after turning off and entering bios on next startup

Can anyone help with this issue?IMG_1088.jpeg

autumnpaine
What's DOS?
Views: 4,406
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad 330s - 15ARR fuzzy screen on boot

The same exact thing is happening to me. Have you gotten an answer as to why this is happening or how to stop it?

bc1112
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,402
Message 3 of 5

I managed to fix this by updating the AMD graphics driver within device manager under Display Adapters, I believe it must be something to do with the recent windows update.

cslpainter
Paper Tape
Views: 3,919
Message 4 of 5

I dont know about the fuzz screen but my wifes screen would boot fine until you try and tilt the screen. I tried to send it in to get fixed, however they told me it was a cracked LCD. I have pictures of the computer before I sent it in and it was not cracked. Then after several emails that got ignored and a very rude supervisor, they sent it back in worse shape then i sent it in. The screen had 1 large crack, the bezel was completely different, the top of the screen was a completely different color, black not the charol gray like the rest of the computer and they had the nerve to tell me it was my fault even after I sent them all the pictures of how it looked before being shiped. I will NEVER buy another lenovo product again. 

Arnaud3
Paper Tape
Views: 3,248
Message 5 of 5

I tried updating some AMD drivers through system manager but no luck. Eventually went to Lenovo Vantage and did all the updates available in hardware settings including optional ones. It worked and my screen no longer fuzzy on start. I had a problem with the Dolby sound though which went too low but reset it by enabling automatic control. Still one shouldn't have to do that

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors