Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnjs77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,707
Message 1 of 20

Ideapad 330s 15ikb bios update failed

Hi, i updated my BIOS because i showed up as a critical update... laptop got over 90% on battery and was connected to AC... i'm getting all these automaic repair screens, not allowing me to reset or recover. I think the BIOS update went wrong, how this can be fixed without using windows 10 because it will fail to boot.

KASR
What's DOS?
Views: 7,559
Message 2 of 20

Re: Ideapad 330s 15ikb bios update failed

Same for me with new 14ikb.
OrangeWind
Paper Tape
Views: 7,550
Message 3 of 20

I have the same issue. In the same exact boat as you.

Gansy
Paper Tape
Views: 7,539
Message 4 of 20

I have this similar problem too. I was given by the notification via Lenovo vantage to install the BIOS update but it turned up blue screen (31-Dec 2018) . Also saw a message "preparing automatic repair".This message was hanging there more than an hour and still nothing fix. I given up as already run into a new year 1-Jan-2019. This morning I have called the premium service center but still couldn't help to fix. I'm very disappointed as it was bought on 14-Dec-2018 and already have 1 bios updated on the 2nd day of purchase with the guidance from premium service center. Now I totally couldn't use the 2 weeks old laptop....... And have to bring down to service center to fix it!!

bnjs77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,443
Message 5 of 20

Did they fix it on the service center?
TeakKey7
Paper Tape
Views: 7,413
Message 6 of 20

ugh. same here. If you see this Lenovo, please just remove these updates. It's a big problem they're only meant for "repairing bios" not completley resetting it."If it ain't broken don't fix it."

TeakKey7
Paper Tape
Views: 7,408
Message 7 of 20

OMG IT JUST BOOTED! All I did was at the repair menu i went into advanced options->Ufei options then clicked esc to try and reboot and it worked!

bnjs77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,383
Message 8 of 20

I managed to boot from a live usb. But now this appears when i try to execute the bios update... It seems akward to me that is going down one version... I'll try to go over that message with other live usb on GPT format. Freedos is not working here

bnjs77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,361
Message 9 of 20

After doing the BIOS update my laptop continued on the prepairing automatic repair so I started to look into forums about the optane memory... i found the slution, so maybe you just need to do this tweak without flashing your BIOS. 

Here's what worked for me. 

I did the 7SCN26WW BIOS update. I did it, and after the reboot it would go to advanced recovery, or flash the Windows 10 frowny face bluescreen with an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error. I couldn't find the answer anywhere online, so I started trying a few things. First, I reset the BIOS back to factory defaults, but that didn't work. Here's what I had to do to bring it back:

Step 1: Make sure it is plugged in, then get into BIOS. You can do that by shutting it completely off, then tap F2 a few times after you hit the power button

Step 2: At the BIOS info screen, move the right arrow to get to the Configuration tab, and use the down arrow to get to Storage, and hit Enter

Step 3: One more down arrow, and click enter on Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology

Step 4: This should show the Optane volume- click enter

Step 5: You should see your Optane volume's member disks- the SATA drive and the Optane drive grouped- you need to disable the Optane volume, so click the Disable

Step 6: I did this with preserving data checked. It was a new laptop, so I didn't care about what was on it, but everything was saved. Tap the down arrow, and change Are you sure you want to disable? from No to Yes using F6 or F5, then one more down arrow, and click enter to disable the volume. It should finish in a few minutes. Then reboot

Step 7: Give it a little time- it should be super slow without the optane engaged, but it should boot from your main hard drive. From here, once you get back to your Win 10 desktop, open up your browser and do a search for SetupOptaneMemory.exe from Intel. Links will probably change, but the direct link right now is Intel Optane Setup

Select the SetupOptaneMemory.exe link for 64-bit Windows 10 (70mb).

Step 8: Run the setup- it should make you reboot, then it'll set itself up again- tell it the 16gb Optane will accelerate the 1TB SATA drive, another reboot, and you should be right back to where you were before the BIOS update.

bnjs77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,360
Message 10 of 20

I've posted my solution in this same thread, i hope it will help you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors