Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eggfriedrice
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 131
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 330s SD Card not detected

I just bought this laptop and have found that SD cards are not being detected (I tried two), I have literally owned it for a few hours! Please see the attached picture, the card is in as far as it goes. What is going on?

Bill115
802.11n
Views: 87
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad 330s SD Card not detected

In device manager, do you have an entry for the card reader under the section 'SD host adapters' ?

You haven't mentioned which model of 330s, but the Card reader is a separate board connected to motherboard by an internal cable on most if not all models.  Worth checking the neighbouring USB socket is working too.

Have you tried using Lenovo Vantage app to check if all your drivers are up to date?

I notice on Lenovo website, there is a newer card reader driver for Windows 10 v1903 for Intel models.   You can check which version of Windows 10 is present by searching/using 'winver' app.  If you have an earlier version, Windows Update may not offer newer v1903 as laptop is so new.

Try another reputable 'brand' of SD card.  If you still have problems and you bought it from a store, take it back and get it exchanged.  Perhaps try your SD cards in their 330s display models if you bought it from say Currys or John Lewis?

(I don't work for Lenovo)

eggfriedrice
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 77
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply, I did end up sending it back since I don't have time to troubleshoot issues like this!

But to answer your questions...

The card reader did show up on device manager as working (it was genesys)

Yes, the adjacent USB port was working

Model is 330s-14IKB

I updated all drivers and windows (1903) but with no luck

When I insert the cards there is absolutely no response (no sound, message etc), I've experienced issues in the past when peripherals don't work but I at least got some sort of response from the system back then but right now there's absolutely nothing! This led me to the decision to return it since it may be faulty.

eggfriedrice
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 57
Message 4 of 4

Just an update, I returned the laptop to the seller and upon testing they found it to be faulty.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors