cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrian111
Punch Card
Views: 420
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad 500S-14ISK which drivers to install?

When I log in to the Lenovo support site, there are 27 drivers listed for my ideapad 500S-14ISK laptop.

I'd like to know...

Should I install some/all of these?

Should these be installed automatically in system updates?

How do I know which of these are already installed?

I am particularly interested in the Graphics drivers as this is a replacement machine as I had problems with the previous one's graphics card/driver. There are two listed under "Display and Video graphics": 10.18.13.5474 released on 23/5/16, and "Graphics 20.19.15.4364a;Audio 8.20.0.745" released on 12/5/16. Should I install either or both of these?

Thanks

Adrian

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 408
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad 500S-14ISK which drivers to install?

I would certainly consider updating the drivers for your video card, sound and network /WiFi adapters etc. as they generally fix known issues or improve performance, but do not update the BIOS unless directed to do so by support, as sometimes BIOS update can go bad and cause your system to not even boot.

Regarding the video drivers, one is for an Intel Graphics adapter, and one for an NVIDIA graphics adapter.    

To find out which one you have, right-click on Start  select Device Manager and then double-click on Display Adapters to display which video device you have.   You can also right-click on the video device and select properties, select details, and view the currently installed driver version, to see if you need to update at all.

That is true for all other devices as well, but if in doubt, just download and if the newly downloaded driver is already installed, the installer will let you know you are up to date and just exit.

Cheers.,

adrian111
Punch Card
Views: 361
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad 500S-14ISK which drivers to install?

Thank you for your response. That is greatly appreciated. I'll try what you suggest.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors