Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
razorpig
Paper Tape
Views: 581
Message 1 of 6

Ideapad 510-15ISK Camera not working

Hi,

I can't seem to get the camera working on my Ideapad 510. It used to work. I've checked everything I can think of and searched lots of threads but still no solution. When I start the camera app this is what I see - please refer to attachment Camera.jpg.

Camera.JPG

I've checked the Device Manager and Camera App Settings and all seem fine ( see below ).

Devices.JPG

Apps.JPG

Any ideas?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 548
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad 510-15ISK Camera not working

Hi razorpig,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far. Please check the current version of the camera driver in Device Manager then compare it from the one that we have on our support website using this Link. If it's different version kindly install the driver on our website.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

razorpig
Paper Tape
Views: 528
Message 3 of 6

Hi

Many thanks for the reply. I checked the camera in Device Manager and updated the driver. As per my screenshot it says the device is working properly. I'm also using the correct driver version. I also checked and enabled everything in Privacy Settings but still no success. I'm not sure what else to try...?? If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks again.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 524
Message 4 of 6

We appreciate your efforts in trying the troubleshooting steps. Out of curiosity have you tried pressing F8 or Fn+F8 on your keyboard to enable/disable the webcam? I would also suggest to visit this website http://www.testmycam.net to check if the webcam will work and check if the camera lights up. 

In addition, check if you have pre-installed Lenovo Vantage software and run system updates. If not, you may download this software using this link and install it on your laptop.

Update us on the result.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

razorpig
Paper Tape
Views: 511
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

Many thanks again for your reply. I ran the Vantage software hardware scan - all OK. I also checked for updates and all the critical and recommended updates have been installed. There were four optional driver updates ( see attached ) but I decided not to install these as they don't appear to be related to the camera.

Regarding my function keys, F8 ( and incidentally F6 and F7 ) don't appear to do anything at all. All the other function keys are working as expected.

I tried to access the website you suggested but got a 403 Forbidden error.

I hope some of this information is useful.

Regards

Mark

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 499
Message 6 of 6

Hello! Could you please go back to device manager then expand universal serial controller then uninstall USB 3.0 driver. Restart the laptop after then test the camera after. Thanks.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors