Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mungochiz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 604
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad 510 15ISK Internet Problem.

Hey. Whenever I wake up the laptop from sleep, i connect the internet very slowly in first 2 min. Like, no page opens. Or wi-fi says no internet connection when i wake up the laptop. Then i solve the problem from the settings. Wi-fi come back but again in first 2 min internet very slow.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 580
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad 510 15ISK Internet Problem.

So have you been able to verify the internet speed is slow and not something else? My first impression is that you have some sort of interference causing a drop in speed. Possibly corrected after a minute or so by changing channels or you move laptop enough to improve reception. Sometimes a location can be borderline on reception. Also 5Ghz is much more sensitive to wide swings in speed as range and obstacles increase. On the other hand 2.4 band has lot's of potential issues with crowded channels from neighbor's and other devices on that band. Other then making sure you have latest drivers for devices, update firmware for router, and making sure you have a solid signal for a connection. Another possibility is that your device is checking for updates during that time and possibly using some bandwidth which can slow down PC and internet a bit causing your perception of internet being slow. 

mungochiz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 576
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply. But this stuation came with an uptade. Before that everything was fine. I always connect the internet same place. I always uptade my bios and drivers but nothing change for one or two months. By speaking slowness, I mean like no page can be opened. Loading icon keep circulating and then chrome says you have some issues to connect internet but according to wi-fi icon i have a working internet.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 566
Message 4 of 5

Yes, the Fall Creator has had some wifi issues, actually internet issues altogether. I had similar issues, although lost internet altogether but said it was connected. Had to perform a clean install of Fall Creator to fix everything. I have come to the conclusion that every six months from now on when Microsoft releases a new major update. I will have to backup and perform a clean install. Seems the only solution that works anymore. The updates always seem to affect something doing a in place update. You can search the web to find literally dozens of issues with Fall Creator. Best of luck. 

mungochiz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 562
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for your attention. I should do clean install too.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors