Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickSemmens
Paper Tape
Views: 2,019
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad 510-15ISK USB 3 and SD card slot issue

I'm on my second Ideapad 510-15ISK, having returned the first because of USB and SD card slot problems, but this one still has similar issues. They were bought from different PC World stores. They came with Windows 10 pre-installed, and latest updates have been applied automatically.

Things seem fine with the USB 3 port on the left-hand side of the laptop. The right-hand-side USB 3 port is distinctly unreliable and so is the SD card slot. My OCZ SSD in a caddy just would not work; it would be recognised initially, cause a long pause and eventually I would get an error saying the device had malfunctioned and was not recognised. Plug it into the left-hand-side USB 3 port and it would come up straight away. The drive is now corrupted but I am working on recovering it.

I'm currently sitting here with an "Express Duo" 32GB USB 3 memory stick plugged in, which drops out and comes back again every minute or two, unpredictably, then stays OK for a while. There is a wireless mouse plugged in to the USB2 port and I have no trouble with that. I just plugged in and SD card; it has dropped out and come back once while I was accessing it a couple of minutes ago, fortunately while reading not writing. Oops, there it goes again.

It's been suggested that these problems may be something to do with the internal USB hub drivers, but when I try updating the driver it says they are up-to-date. My wife is fed up with it and says I should buy HP. Any suggestions before this, too, goes back for a full refund*?

*That is, assuming I can get it to misbehave in the shop, as the memory stick has now been fine for 10 minutes. Smiley Frustrated

NickSemmens
Paper Tape
Views: 1,898
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad 510-15ISK USB 3 and SD card slot issue

Well, goobye, people, my second Ideapad 510 went back to the shop for a full refund and I'm looking at buying an MSI instead. Lenovo never showed any interest in my problem either here or on Facebook.

Hugey
Paper Tape
Views: 1,808
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad 510-15ISK USB 3 and SD card slot issue

I have a similar problem with the SD slot. I am trying to update my SatNav and as I put the card in it says "There is a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it" However when I scan the drive the reply says that it is OK. The software from the SatNav providser tghen downloads the soft ware but as it gets to 100% it throws the card out again with the same message. I am running an up to date version of Windows 10 and i have looked to update all drivers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors