Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nfhopmike
Paper Tape
Views: 942
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 510 audio/combo jack problem

I need to record audio direct to mp3 on a regular basis on my Ideapad 510, which has a combined audio input/output jack. My signal source is a line output from a mixer. I have tried just plugging this in, but there is no input option on record other than the laptop's internal microphone. Although it does record, the sound is very distorted, presumably as it is only picking up from the internal mic.

I understand the answer is to use a splitter to plug the line-in cable into - however there are many available, and they appear to be wired differently. Can anyone tell me the correct wiring for this combi jack, and does anyone know of a commercially available product that will do the job. I have looked at Headset Buddy website, but not sure which product would be the right one for this laptop. I know that a usb audio interface would also do the same job, but a splitter cable is a much cheaper alternative.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 854
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 510 audio/combo jack problem

Hi nfhopmike, 

I would recommend that you buy a Behringer U-CONTROL UCA202 USB-Audio Interface. It's a good solution to your issue and its cheap, it also protect's you laptop and mixer from a potential short. As per a simple cable solution I would recommend reading this thread.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors