Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ANtoineP1
What's DOS?
Views: 8,450
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad 520 fan control

The fan are always on and loud even when nothing is running and less than 5% CPU.
Even in power saving mod with passive cooling.

Bios and lenovo fan speed control installed.

Ps: I have no idea of how to use lenovo fan speed control. I installed it and it doesnt change anything

Techvert
Paper Tape
Views: 6,983
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad 520 fan control

In the advanced power options (via control panel and power options) change the cooling plan from active to passive and set the maximum processor state to 99% which has little effect on perfomance. These settings are under processor power management in the advanced options...solved the problem for me....

Vanzanten
Paper Tape
Views: 6,867
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad 520 fan control

This is a magnificent solution! I tried everything I could think of when I bought this laptop (november 2017), but nothing really helped. I installed Speedfan, which helped a bit, until I installed the latest Windows 10 update. According to the reaction of the Lenovo helpdesk I was the first one with this problem. They didn't have any solution and proposed to send the laptop in for repair. This would take 3 weeks. Really absurd and not a real solution, because I can't miss it that long. I started looking here, found your solution and it works like a charm! Thanks a lot!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors