cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carpex
Paper Tape
Views: 1,053
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 520s 14IKB 80x2 fingerprint device synaptic WBDI not starting!!

Hi all,

Would love some help here.

The fingerprint sensor suddenly, like literally suddenly stopped working all of a sudden. It was working maybe give and take about an hour before. I went into account settings under sign-in option to find that WINDOWS HELLO is not available for my device?! Then i went crazy all over the web trying to find a solution but to no avail.

I have tried all kinds of method the web can find for me like:

1) starting the cmd prompt and doing a system scan and health restore something like that which says the system is fine

2)enabling the fingerprint driver in group policy

3)updating the driver did not solve it

4)reinstalling the driver does not help at all

5)updating the laptop

6)going into BIOS but could not find the driver anywhere

7)renabling the driver

there was no previous updates to the driver at all, it just stopped working and therefore i cannot do a rollback of the update to a previous version.

Untitled.png

and after doing all these, i still cannot get it to work. Is there something wrong probably with the hardware?

I just got the laptop about a month or so, hope this is just temporary as i quite like how this laptop is functioning for me now and would love the fingerprint function to be back.

Sincerely,

A lost carpex

carpex
Paper Tape
Views: 1,024
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad 520s 14IKB 80x2 fingerprint device synaptic WBDI not starting!!

Hi all again.

So just now, I decided to on my laptop and see if windows hello is working again, and it is! Im not sure what was the problem, windows hello is enabled for my device again and I had to add my fingerprint again which I tested after restarting and it works.

If there are any lenovo support, I would like to know what was the problem and how I can prevent this as this is too random although this is the first time happening.

Let me know about ur thoughts guys.

Sincerely,

A lost carpex

kolak
What's DOS?
Views: 914
Message 3 of 4

Hi Carpex, what is it you did before you tried windows hello again as i am having the exact same problem. 

carpex
Paper Tape
Views: 901
Message 4 of 4

Hi kolak,

To tell you the truth, it came back again. It comes and goes, I thought it was the windows defender stopping it and when the update came to solve it a few days ago, it worked for awhile then stopped working again. Its like depending on luck to see if the driver or the unknown problem wants to let the fingerprint driver work or not. I usually check the windows defender to see if there is any yellow exclaimation mark, if there is I will just try the troubleshooter but if cos it doesnt work, so I will just leave it. If there is no problemon the windows defender, I go to the sign in option and see if windows hello is working again, then, most likely it is then I will setup my fingerprint again.

I dont know if it is an external usb drive that is preventing it from working because im using a wireless mouse that is connected by usb, but it doesnt solve the problem when I remove it. So I have lived with it since it does not affect me doing what I need to do with the laptop as there are other ways to login. Most probably will bring it down to the service centre and get it fixed since this laptop is only in its 3rd month of service. 

If you have managed to solve this irritating problem, or if anyone has any solutions, do let us know.

Cheers and thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors