Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melihb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 126
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 530S-14ARR hotkeys and onscreen display not working

I just got this laptop and had a clean install of Windows 10 Pro (for Remote Desktop, Windows 10 Home would not accept the key of pro otherwise, it gives a conrtadiction error with the key installed in BIOS). Even though I installed all the drivers and software from driver and support page, I could not get the hotkeys or onscreen display working. It was working before the install so I am guessing either there is a problem with the windows being pro, or the fact that it is updated now with a newer build or the driver page does not have it or it could still be an isolated case but I installed twice to ensure it is not the case. I have fiddled with the forums of older lenovo forums so I think I can provide some useful info. I am on Windows 10 Pro build 1809 and version 10.0.17763. When I check under under Device Manager->System devices->Fn and function keys I see the driver version 9.0.4.1 automatically installed by Windows driver update. Tried to rollback to one previous version that I have installed after downloading on a Lenovo support webpage even though the laptop is not on the support list (the file name of the download is the same) but did not work anyway. Then I tried uninstalling that and Windows automatically installed the same driver itself again. Still no luck. Does anyone have the same problem and somehow fixed it? I would appreciate any help and am willing to provide more details about the system. I am not sure what is the root of the problem and I have no way to recover the system as it was shipped because I have wiped down the SSD to install the Windows Pro version.

melihb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 84
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 530S-14ARR hotkeys and onscreen display not working

I have finally solved this problem by formatting via Lenovo One Key recovery. It was a very long process, not only it downloads around 12 gigs of data, takes forever to write to the flash drive and restarts the pc 10-20 times and wipes out the laptop entirely. So it costed EVERYTHING but I got my hotkeys back. It also solved taking 100 seconds to shutdown problem. I guess the drivers you download and install from driver site or by using the System Update do not either function, or the list is missing some important drivers which I have no idea about. So my conclusion is DO NOT format the laptop with generic Windows installation usb key you obtained directly from Windows website. It introduces series of problems. It took me so long to discover lenovo supports this one key recovery option, even though it works, it is a long process and even just obtaining the download option is filled with bureaucracy. You complete an order using lenovo account and your email, they give you only 72 hours available link, and once donloaded (yes you get only one chance) the order disappears. My connection was interrupted once and got me into trouble. They do not even give you the option to save that Windows file to use later. Anyway after a terrible specific recovery process, I got my hotkeys back, just reporting.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors