cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rohan991
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 979
Message 1 of 22

Ideapad 530s 14 - Wifi suddenly disconnects and then automatically reconnects after sometime

Hi

I am facing this issue with my brand new Ideapad 530s 14 inch laptop. I have all drivers and BIOS updated. 

I am seeing that the Wifi sometimes gets disconnected automatically and the wifi logo disappears (attached screenshot). After sometime it automatically reconnects. 

I have updated all drivers and tried all possible means. I also tried the options provided in https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/solutions/ht502846 , but the issue still exists. Though it does not happen everytime, but this happens quite a lot and its very frustrating, considering that this is just a week old laptop.

Please help. 

Jkingy8
Paper Tape
Views: 880
Message 2 of 22

Re: Ideapad 530s 14 - Wifi suddenly disconnects and then automatically reconnects after sometime

I have also been having this issue and I am about to return this laptop because of it. I actually already returned it once and received another new one as I thought that maybe it was just an issue with original laptop. This problem has been occuring with both laptops. I have been doing some research into the wifi adapter - Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC. It appears that this network adapter has had issues in the past and I was hoping to find out a solution. I read that other Lenovo customers were having issues with another Realtek wifi adapter in their Yoga laptops. Most of them suggested to replaced this network adapter with an Intel 9560. I don't believe that it should be up to the customer to have to replace a part found in a new laptop (1 week old) that is not functioning properly. It doesn't make things better that this laptop was over $1000. 

Any solutions to this problem other than replacing the network adapter would be appreciated.

Rohan991
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 858
Message 3 of 22

Re: Ideapad 530s 14 - Wifi suddenly disconnects and then automatically reconnects after sometime

Is there any confirmation that Intel 9560 has resolved the issue ? 

Also, I do not think Lenovo engineers would replace the Realtek card with Intel, since it came with that only and I doubt they would provide any other card other than this. I got my WiFi card replaced for the 1st time I saw this issue and the Lenovo guy added the same card again, but since its recurring after that, I am beginning to doubt that this might be some issue with the laptop itself.

I have also seen some threads online about 8822BE cards, but there is no concrete solution I found. In one of lenovo forum threads, they are mentioning to replace with Intel 8265 card also.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-13-E-and/ThinkPad-E580-Newest-Realtek-driver-issue...

More leads on the fix would be appreciated.

churwitz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 844
Message 4 of 22

Having the same issue with a brand new 720s with a Qualcomm Atheros wifi card. They sent me a replacement which has the same issue. I hadn't seen that link with some solutions to try, so I'll give that a try so thanks for that. Any luck so far?

Rohan991
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 842
Message 5 of 22

I haven't tried replacing with 8265 as of now. I was considering replacing the laptop, but the issue might come in the new one also. In the other thread I asked them, they said 8265 has completely solved the solution. I guess, will give it a shot. Lets see. 

Jkingy8
Paper Tape
Views: 812
Message 6 of 22

I think I will also try the Intel 8265. Will Lenovo help cover the cost for this new device? Also, there are a few different options for these Intel 8265 network adapters. I have two links here and I am not sure which one to purchase.

Intel Dual Band Wireless - Ac 8265 w/ Bt - https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-Ac-8265/dp/B01MZA1AB2

OR

Dual Band Wireless- AC 8265 8265AC NGFF Wifi Card USE FOR Intel 8265 AC AC8265 8265NGW M.2 NGFF 2.4/5GHz Bluetooth 4.2 Wireless WiFi Card 867 Mbps - https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Intel-8265NGW-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B0721MLM8B

I was thinking about going with the latter.

Rohan991
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 808
Message 7 of 22

In Lenovo's list of compatible hardwares, 8265 is mentioned. I am not sure, but if we can explain them that this particular Realtek hardware is causing issue and a different card can solve it, they might change it for free. Not sure though. Worth a try !!

Jkingy8
Paper Tape
Views: 801
Message 8 of 22

Well I certainly hope that something can be done about it. I am really struggling to find information on Lenovo's website. Definitely hard to find compatible Wireless Network Adapters for my specific laptop. I'm not sure if I am going to take the risk. I am still withing my 14 days of purchase so I can return it to Best Buy. I am just surprised that there hasn't been any response by Lenovo Support yet.

Also, would this be the compatibility list?  https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/downloads/DS506085

Rohan991
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 793
Message 9 of 22

You can find the list of all parts currently installed in your device and the compatible parts also. You need to go to pcsupport.lenovo.com --> Parts & Accessories and put your Serial number there. You will get details.

For instance -->

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/in/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/500-series/530s-14ikb/81eu/81eu007v... no of device>/parts?linkTrack=Homepage%3ABody_Search%20Products&searchType=6&keyWordSearch=<serial no of device>

Rohan991
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 792
Message 10 of 22

The thing is in one of the threads I found that even after replacing the device the issue was there in the new one. So change of Wifi card to Intel was the only thing that worked for that guy. So I am skeptical about it whether replacing laptop would do any good. 

As far as Lenovo support is concerned, they are literally clueless about everything. All they do is run Lenovo Vantage app and check the status of hardware and claims that its all good. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors