Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoppacska
Paper Tape
Views: 219
Message 21 of 23

Re: Ideapad 530s touchpad and keyboard utilities not working

BIOS update: If  you installed Windows in Legacy mode, you need convert your drive MBR to GPT (e.g. AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro). After that, you can upgrade your bios.

TOUCHPAD: After you install Windows, immediately follow these steps. 

1. Go to Device manager.

2. Find any hardware that has a yellow notification on it.

3. Right-click on it and go to Driver update.

I managed to install it, good luck!

melihb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 111
Message 22 of 23

I had the same problem partially solved, had no toucpad functionality while installing Windows 10 x64 using the latest disk image from Microsoft website (Media Installation Tool) then after automatic windows update the device has been installed. On the other hand, I still have the function keys not working. Some of them (vol+, vol-, mute, brigtness+, brightness-, touchpad disable, lock, screen project) still work without screen notifications I think because they have some basic functionality driver installed and working but I still do not have on screen notifications for Caps Lock on/off, and function keys for mic. mute, airplane mode, camera disable not working. They were working when I just got the laptop yesterday and are gone now with the new installation. I can see under device manager System Devices - Fn and function keys, version is automatically updated to version 9.0.4.1 with automatic windows driver update. Tried disabling or uninstalling, did not work. Tried to roll back to an earlier version, did not work. I also searched forums for other lenovo models and made sure power management software and other lenovo software on the device page are all installed to the latest version. So do you guys manage to somehow get onscreen notifications and Fn keys working back to normal?

Deimios
Paper Tape
Views: 26
Message 23 of 23

The problem is that windows detects the touchpad as a keyboard device and installs the improper driver for it.

The steps to resolve this problem:

Go into device manager (Windows+X->Device Manager)

Navigate to "Keyboards"

Right click on the first keyboard with "Internal" in the name

Select Uninstall device

Important! Make sure to select the checkbox titled "Delete the driver software for this device."

Press Uninstall.

After the restart the touchpad should work.

Üdv a magyaroknak Smiley Wink

---

Translation: Greetings to Hungarians

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors