Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wiji
What's DOS?
Views: 915
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad 700 15-ISK Battery 0%, plugged in, charging

Hello, I've been happily using my Ideapad 700 15-ISK for about 2 years without any issues. However, this morning I let the battery reach 0% and the laptop shut off. Since then, the battery is unable to charge. I've tried to diagnose the problem with Lenovo Vantage but the AC Adapter appears to be delivering voltage to the battery, which isn't that old, so I don't know what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated as I use the device daily off battery.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 895
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad 700 15-ISK Battery 0%, plugged in, charging

Hi Wiji,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

May I know if the laptop turns off right away after you unplugged the charger? If yes, possible that the battery is no longer charging. Have you tried charging the battery for 3-4hours while the laptop is turned off? We may try a couple of steps to see if this is related to a driver issue. Please follow the steps below.

- Access Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X then select Device Manager
- The look for Battery and then double click to expand the list
- Uninstall the listed driver under battery
- Then restart your laptop to see if it will charge the battery now.

If you're running on Windows 10 OS I would also recommend to install the
Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI) driver using the link below.
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/700-SERIES/700-15ISK/downloads/DS10...

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 892
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad 700 15-ISK Battery 0%, plugged in, charging

@Wiji,

Can you scroll the battery parameter listing down so that we can see the additional details, like # of cycles and design capacity, please?

At first glance, your battery which shows a 1.69Wh full charge capacity would denote a battery that is no longer good.

For comparison, I'm currently using a Yoga 900S whose battery shows a manufacture date of: 11/11/15, a design capacity of: 53Wh, a full-charge capacity of: 42.41Wh (which is ~20% wear; not bad for 3 years), and 126 charge cycles.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors