Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
irelynkiss
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,011
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad 700 15-ISK Randomly shuts down/sleeps/hibernates

My Ideapad 700 15-ISK sleeps randomly (plugged in, not plugged in, while im using it)

It happens several times a day.

I turn it back on no problem, but it shouldn't be doing this.  I've checked my power settings and my Lenovo Vantage diagnostics stated NO issues with the simple or custom tests and NO hardware issues either.

Please help!

Lenovo ideapad 70015ISK

SN  #######

Product #  80RU

BIOS  E5CN52WW

Mod's Edit: Serial number removed from public view to protect member from its unwanted use.

Machine Type Model  80RU00FEUS

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 986
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad 700 15-ISK Randomly shuts down/sleeps/hibernates

@irelynkiss wrote:

My Ideapad 700 15-ISK sleeps randomly (plugged in, not plugged in, while im using it) ... BIOS  E5CN52WW

I don't know what the problem might be, but I notice that you are still using an old version of the BIOS.  The current BIOS version is E5CN62WW (although my 700-15ISK is still using E5CN61WW).

You can download the current (and older) versions of the BIOS from the Support page for the 700-15ISK on this web site.  Installing the current BIOS might  fix the problem, ... or it might not.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 984
Message 3 of 5

CyberSimian is correct. I also noticed that you have an old version of BIOS. 

Since we don't have the exact issue of the laptop, like do you see any error message/s when the issue occurs, app that triggers the issue etc. Performing basic troubleshooting might fix the issue. 

Attention: Do not power off or restart your computer during the BIOS flashing process, which will cause serious damage and improper functioning of your computer.
Installing the package in Windows.
======================
Please follow bellowed step to update BIOS in Windows:
1.  Locate the file e5cn63ww.exe that has been downloaded.
2.  Double click the e5cn63ww.exe icon.
3.  Follow wizard UI by making sure what BIOS to flash and flash on what platform
4.  Finally press Install & Finish to start flashing. During the process, you are advised not to turn off the computer.
5.  When the update finishes, the computer will automatically reboot for the changes to take effect.

Download the BIOS update from this link: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/e5cn63ww.exe

Observe the laptop after the BIOS update and see if it will improve.

Regards,
Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

irelynkiss
Blue Screen Again
Views: 979
Message 4 of 5

I will try the BIOS update tonight and see if it works, thanks!
joedavey
What's DOS?
Views: 545
Message 5 of 5

has this fixed the issue? I am still experiencing it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors