Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vikk7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 314
Message 21 of 26

Re: Ideapad 700 15ISK: Computer Shutting Down at ~50% Battery

battery gauge calibration does not require any application you can do it manually..

here,
when your battery goes to 0% charge it 100%
and do not unplug charger let it charge to for 3 to 4 hrs on 100% , let it overcharge (you can do light use of laptop during that charging process),after doing that unplug charger,

during discharging do not use laptop let it discharge just ensure that your laptop do not goes to sleep mode or screen sleep you can adjust these setting in battery options in windows settings.

after that battery will discharge to 2 to 3% or it will shut on on 50% let it shut down and charge your laptop again to 100%
this time do not overcharge your battery.

after 100% charge,unplug charger use your laptop check does it shuts down.

RK36
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 303
Message 22 of 26

Yes I did exactly that. My battery condition is the same.
Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 295
Message 23 of 26

If it's that so, then try to replace your battery instead. Maybe that's the only option left, and let's see what happens.

I can suspect battery gauge fault in your system if a new battery won't solve your issue.
CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 292
Message 24 of 26

@RK36 wrote:
I have Vantage installed, but I can't seem to find the battery recalibration option. I've checked the 'Power' menu under 'Hardware Settings' but don't see anything.

My 700-15ISK was supplied with the older "Lenovo Settings" application installed, and I have not yet updated to the current "Lenovo Vantage".  I have just looked at "Lenovo Settings", but it does not have the recalibrate function.  I thought that "Vantage" does, but perhaps not.  Sorry for the bad advice.

If you want an application to perform the recalibration, you could use one of the older Lenovo "Energy Manager" applications.  On my 700-15ISK I have both Windows 10 and Windows 7 installed, and I use "Energy Manager" on Windows 7, in particular this one:

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/downloads/DS100173

This does have the recalibrate function; it is called "Gauge Reset" (click the menu icon at the top right of the energy-manager panel).  I have never used gauge reset, so I cannot confirm that it performs a useful function.  However, I did try installing "Energy Manager" on Windows 10, and it does work, even though it was originally written for Windows 7/8 and older Lenovo laptops.

Laptop batteries have a limited lifespan, and you should expect to have to replace it after some period of time.  Also, style of use may affect useful lifespan.  I don't know whether your battery is now at the end of its useful lifespan.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Vikk7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 286
Message 25 of 26

Probably your battery is dead,

here one thing that  you can do , take another similar battery from your friend use it on your laptop or take your battery and use it on another laptop and check whether the battery works or not. if  battery from your friend is working well then thats not your laptops fault, replace your battery.

Ashok789
What's DOS?
Views: 181
Message 26 of 26

Lenovo Computer Shutting Down at ~50% Battery.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors