Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thomas122
Paper Tape
Views: 1,105
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 700-15ISK Loud fan

Hello!

Two days ago I purchased a Lenovo Ideapad 700. At the first boot it had a very strange and loud fan noise which got better after running for approx. 10 minutes. The problem is  still that I find the vents loud. I have used the exact same model before and it was running almost totally silently you could only hear the HDD working. Even when it was used for gaming it was not this loud, not producing this type of noise. Sometimes this noise stops but after a short time the vents spin up again. I have installed the drivers from Lenovo site including bios update etc. Nothing seems to help. My task manager is not showing any demanding processes. Also it is the same even if I dont use any applications just running windows clean after startup. I hope I will be able to find a solution here.

I appreciate your help!

Thomas

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,071
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 700-15ISK Loud fan

@Thomas122 wrote:

Two days ago I purchased a Lenovo Ideapad 700. At the first boot it had a very strange and loud fan noise which got better after running for approx. 10 minutes. The problem is  still that I find the vents loud. I have used the exact same model before and it was running almost totally silently you could only hear the HDD working.

I don't have a specific solution for you, but I too have an Ideapad 700-15ISK, and I just wanted to confirm your observation that this model can be virtually silent.  With my laptop I have to put my ear close to the outlet vents in order to hear the fans spinning.  So it looks as though there is a problem with your particular sample.

When users have queried loud fans on other models, the support staff on this site have suggested using one of the hardware monitoring tools to observe the temperatures of the CPU and graphics adapter, and the fan speeds.  If your temperatures are high, it probably means that there is improper contact between the CPU and the cooling pipe, causing the fans to spin much more rapidly than they should.  I would consider this to be a manufacturing defect.

Hopefully one of the support staff will post and suggest a specific monitoring tool (or provide alternative suggestions).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors