01-05-2018 04:33 AM - last edited on 01-05-2018 07:26 AM by Majestic
After about one year of using my Lenovo Ideapad 700 this issue came. Both Ctrl keys work occasionally. Most of the time they don't work, but sometimes after many tries, they start to react for a few strokes.
Things I've already tried:
1. Boot in Safe Mode (didn't help)
2. Updating BIOS (didn't help)
3. Using Ubuntu (the same malfunction there)
4. Switching to external keyboard (external keyboard Ctrls work well)
5. Strange methods like pressing Alt + Ctrl + Fn many times (didn't help)
Have someone found any workarounds? Still not sure if this is a hardware thing because both Ctrl keys affected and there is plenty of space between them on a keyboard. All other keys work well.
Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-18-2018 09:10 AM
The only solution i found was to disconnect the keyboard from the inside of the laptop, reconnect it, but it worked for like 2 day. By than the problem was back on I consider buying a new keyboard, but if anyone knows something about this problem pls tell us.
09-15-2018 04:19 AM
This post from @BimboPan helped me absolutely