Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timoroni
Blue Screen Again
Views: 354
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad 700 - Windows 10 reset and I lost max (native) resolution

• Hi Forum

I recently got an Ideapad 700 from a friend who reset his version of Windows 10 to clear all files and reset all settings - a clean install. But since he reset it and I've set up Windows the max resolution is stuck on 1366x768, even though the screen is FHD (1920x1080) and I can't find how to fix it. I've updated all the drivers (including graphics cards) and nothing worked and reset windows again and had no success. Any tips/advice so I can get it back to the native res? 

I notice that there's a Generic PnP monitor driver for the monitor, and in the details it says the display device was not migrated. I believe the monitor is LGD04A7. I can send more info. Can you help me? 

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 321
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad 700 - Windows 10 reset and I lost max (native) resolution

@timoroni wrote

But since he reset it and I've set up Windows the max resolution is stuck on 1366x768, even though the screen is FHD (1920x1080)

With my 700-15ISK, I can change the screen resolution by doing the following:

Click: "Start" > "Settings" > "System" > "Display" > "Advanced display settings" (at bottom of screen on right).  That displays a drop-down menu for the resolution.  What do you get on your system?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

timoroni
Blue Screen Again
Views: 317
Message 3 of 5

Hi CyberSimian

This is what I get when I go to advanced display settings. No drop-down menu. I've clicked on display adapter properties and I can a box with a button to show all valid modes. 1366x768 is the maximum listed there too.

Advanced Display Settings.png

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 308
Message 4 of 5

@timoroni wrote:

This is what I get when I go to advanced display settings. No drop-down menu.

Strange.  I have included below a screen shot of what I see.  I wonder if this is dependent on the version of Windows that you are running?  I am running Windows 10, 1607 version.  All I can suggest is make sure that you have applied all Windows updates.  If that does not work, I am stumped!

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

advanced_display_settings.jpgAdvanced Display Settings

timoroni
Blue Screen Again
Views: 296
Message 5 of 5

That's useful to see thanks! Checked all Windows updates and I'm totally up to date, version 1803. I'll keep searching for fixes. Thanks for your help!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors