Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuillaumeV
What's DOS?
Views: 453
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad 70017ISK : does not upgrade BIOS from E5CN61WW to E5CN62WW

Hello,

Here is my problem. On my Ideapad 70017ISK (80RV), Lenovo Vantage propose to upgrade BIOS from E5CN61WW to E5CN62WW.

The new BIOS is downloaded, the BIOS is updated, everything seems OK, reboot, and ... still in E5CN61WW .

And Lenovo Vantage propose again and again to upgrade the BIOS.

Do you have the same problem ? And a solution ?

Thanks.

--

Guillaume

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 433
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad 70017ISK : does not upgrade BIOS from E5CN61WW to E5CN62WW

@GuillaumeV wrote:

On my Ideapad 70017ISK (80RV), Lenovo Vantage propose to upgrade BIOS from E5CN61WW to E5CN62WW.  The new BIOS is downloaded, the BIOS is updated, everything seems OK, reboot, and ... still in E5CN61WW.

Are any error messages displayed?  I have updated BIOS several times, but never using "Lenovo Vantage", so perhaps "Vantage" suppresses the error messages in some way.

Try downloading the BIOS EXE file from the Support page for your laptop, and then run the EXE file explicitly (i.e. don't use "Vantage").  Watch the screen carefully to see if any error messages are displayed.

I have downloaded the "62" BIOS for my 700-15ISK, but I have not yet installed it, so I don't know whether there are any problems associated with it.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

GuillaumeV
What's DOS?
Views: 414
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your answer.

What Vantage does is downloading https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/e5cn62ww.exe and execute it.

Everything seems fine.

I follow you proposition and I download it and execute it ... with the same result: BIOS is not updated.

--

Guillaume

Nickman749
What's DOS?
Views: 356
Message 4 of 5

I am having the same issue on my Ideapad 70015ISK not upgrading BIOS from E5CN56WW to E5CN62WW. Tried Lenovo Vantage to update and runnning the executable BIOS upgrade as administrator. Both seem to work with no error messages but upon restarting, the BIOS is still the older version. Any other ideas?

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 343
Message 5 of 5

@Nickman749 wrote:

Both seem to work with no error messages but upon restarting, the BIOS is still the older version. Any other ideas?

I have not yet updated the BIOS in my 700-15ISK, so I don't know whether there is a problem with the new BIOS.

The only caution that I would mention is that the BIOS update takes longer than you think it does.  It will display the progress of the BIOS update on screen, and then it will appear to switch off.  However, it has not swtiched off -- it is still doing something.  DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS!  Wait, wait, wait, and eventually the system will restart all by itself.

Is it possible that you are pressing the POWER button during this time when you should be waiting?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors