cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thudrumble
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,009
Message 1 of 6

Ideapad 710S-13ISK - 80SW003NGE // Does it have a RAM slot, or the memory isn't upgradeable?

Hello there!

I'm planing to buy a new notebook, and found the 710s-13ISK (80SW003NGE) interesting. There are 5 different configurations of it, with different CPUs and memory amount. The cheapest one is the only one i could afford, and it has the weakest CPU i3-6100U, which is no issue at all, but this one has only 4GB of DDR3L. I'd still like to buy this one, but only if I'm able to upgrade the memory some day to 8GB, in case the 4GB are not enough for my usage scenarios.

Unfortunately i cannot find any specific information, whether the mainboard has a RAM slot (so the 4GB could be replaced by bigger 8GB), or the memory is soldered directly on the mainboard (means not replaceable).

Does anyone have this particular notebook, and could give me some information about this one?

Many, many thanks in advance!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,990
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad 710S-13ISK - 80SW003NGE // Does it have a RAM slot, or the memory isn't upgradeable?

I do not have one to verify, but the user manual (not exact model specific) describes how to add memory (max 8GB) yet the hardware maintenance manual has no reference to any memory slots, so I would probably calll Lenovo sales and make sure, since some are soldered on and not upgradable.   My guess is that it is soldered on and NOT upgradable.

This sites specs seem to confirm that the RAM is soldered on board.

http://icecat.us/us/p/lenovo/80sw003nge/laptops-Notebooks-33134032.html#

thudrumble
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,982
Message 3 of 6

Re: Ideapad 710S-13ISK - 80SW003NGE // Does it have a RAM slot, or the memory isn't upgradeable?

Hello there and thanks for the reply!

My first thought was to upgrade it, since every single Lenovo (and actually any other too) notebook i had, or worked with, had at least one upgradeable slot, and the most of them even two. Well nowadays the manufacturers tend to solder the memory to the mainboard in order to save space, and make the devices even thiner and lighter than they already are.

I've sent a request to the customer sopprt, but still have no answer on.

Best regards!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,980
Message 4 of 6

I found this link to a site with a review on that model, and appended it to my earlier post, and it seems that the RAM is indeed onboard, and is maxed out at 4GB

This sites specs seem to confirm that the RAM is soldered on board.

http://icecat.us/us/p/lenovo/80sw003nge/laptops-Notebooks-33134032.html#

thudrumble
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,975
Message 5 of 6

Oh yes, now i see it clearly ... 4GB onboard.

Well, it has to be another one Smiley Sad

Thank you very much for the help!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,971
Message 6 of 6

You are welcome... Best of luck,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors