04-29-2018 10:52 AM
Last October I bought an Ideapad 720s 13IKB, and ever since I always had problems with the touchpad. Sometimes it works, sometimes it gets blocked, sometimes even the cursor doesn't show.
I've surfed the Internet and tried all the possible solutions:
- Checked for any possible update (both Windows' and the Lenovo's driver);
- Uninstalled the driver and rebooted the laptop in order to let it find and install the driver by itself;
- Tried several types and versions of drivers;
- Rebooted I-don't-know-how-many-times the laptop, hoping that things will get better;
- And yes, I checked the touchpad is enabled through the F6 button.
I don't think it is a hardware problem, since the touchpad sometimes works
I'm sick and tired of this problem, since the computer is new and it costed a little fortune and I need it everyday since I use it for work.
05-24-2018 01:48 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Sounds like it could simply be a sofware problem indeed.
You could try to perform a factory reset, this would help to confirm if this is a hardware issue or not,
Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine
1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. On a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.