Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mds3
Paper Tape
Views: 1,761
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad Flex 15 touch screen stopped working

The touchscreen on my Flex 15 stopped working. I am not sure exactly when, but in the last few months.  I am already on Win10, and it has worked fine since the Win10 upgrade over a year ago. 

In Device Manager, I can see the HID Touch Screen entry.  I tried uninstalling and deleting it, followed by a restart.  Reinstalled itself on start-up, but no joy.  It claims to be working.   I have seen other similar posts saying to delete entries under Mice... but I don't see any Touch Screen entries there.

Interestingly, I see most of the drivers have Event dates of 2-Jul 2017, saying "Device migrated". I am suspecting some delightful Micorsoft "improvement" on that date may have been the cuplrit, but I also feel like the touch screen may have been working after that date.  Unfortunately, I don't use the touch screen very often, but I DO need it now and then.

Thoughts?

Mrmiata
What's DOS?
Views: 1,593
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad Flex 15 touch screen stopped working

Same boat.. been chasing things all day today.. No luck...

cesare1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,075
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad Flex 15 touch screen stopped working

Even in my ideapad flex 15, the same problem. After three months from the purchase I have combined the HD with an SSD and then updated from w8 to w10. Everything worked for about two years, then suddenly no more touch screen. I put the original HD back with w8 but nothing to do. I then put the SSD back on and loaded dozens of drivers. Anything. About a month ago for a day the touch miraculously worked, but the days later nothing more. Maybe there's a hardware problem behind it, I do not know. I understood that nobody has a solution. Not even Lenovo assistance.

Top Kudoed Authors