Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David5
Paper Tape
Views: 91,309
Message 1 of 60

Ideapad (Flex 15) touchscreen not working on upgrade to Windows 10

I  have an Ideapad Flex 15.

Since I upgraded yesterday to Windows 10, I have lost the touchscreen ability I had up to that point on Windows 8.1. On search for pen and touch, I was given this message on a system information page: "No pen or touch input is available for this display." I have looked in device manager under Human Interface Devices. Expanding the view to show hidden devices, I see "HID compliant touch screen." When I click to get device status, this is the message:

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

How do I do that? I note a similar problem in Windows 8.1 on this posting:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/touchscreen-not-working/c48cda2...

Does anyone have any idea how to reconnect the hardware device -- or at least to solve this problem? Thanks!

Mod's Edit: Added model to Subject line for clarity

abrfilho
Paper Tape
Views: 91,092
Message 2 of 60

Re: Ideapad touchscreen not working on upgrade to Windows 10

I solved the problem here for my sister's Flex 14.
Press Windows+X and open Device Manager, go to Mouse and uninstall USB touchscreen.
Solved the problem here...
David5
Paper Tape
Views: 91,056
Message 3 of 60

Thanks. I'll check it out. I tried another solution suggested elsewhere on this community, uninstalling the touchscreen (which was hidden and "not connected") under Human Interface devices, but that did not work and Windows did not reinstall that driver. I am going to seek out more advice.
David5
Paper Tape
Views: 91,049
Message 4 of 60

I took this in to a shop, and two technicians tried to solve the problem to no avail. One of them did as suggested, and uninstalled the touchscreen driver under Mice and other devices, but that only disabled the mouse touchpad.  So it was reinstalled, and the driver for the touchscreen under Human Interface devices was reinstalled, but none of it helped, and I still lack the touchscreen capacity I had before.  I cannot scroll except on the side ribbon, and I cannot use the touchscreen to zoom in and out, which I could do on Windows 8 and 8.1.  So it seems there is no new Lenovo driver for the  IdeapadFlex 15 that is compatible with Windows 10.  I am told to wait and see, and to hope that Lenovo addresses this problem.  BTW, I previously had two Microsoft tech people remote control my computer to fix this, and they both failed.   I am disappointed with Microsoft and Lenovo.  Any computer that was bought within the last couple of years fitted with Windows 8 should upgrade no problem to Win 10. 

theImmortal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 90,991
Message 5 of 60

I didn't see this thread at first, but I'm with you!  I am experiencing the same problem Smiley Indifferent  Advice and support would be appreciated!!

Philo
Serial Port
Views: 90,964
Message 6 of 60

Re: Ideapad (Flex 15) touchscreen not working on upgrade to Windows 10

Ditto. I hope this gets resolved.

cmartins
What's DOS?
Views: 90,928
Message 7 of 60

Hi,

I had a similar problem at my Ideapad 14 after upgrade my windows 8 to 10, but my touchscreen not stop working, just start behave like a mouse... and the "Pen and tablet" at control panel just gone...

I try disable and uninstall the USB touchscreen , but doesn't work.

Then I uninstall and check "remove the driver" ... two minutes later it's recognize my touchscreen, all back to work fine and the "pen and tablet" backs at control panel

theImmortal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 91,379
Message 8 of 60

This worked for me!  Thank to CMartins for posting it.  In case you didn't get that, here is a list of instructions:

- Press Windows+X.

- Select Device Manager.

- Find the Touchscreen driver under Mice and Other Pointing Devices>USB Touchscreen Controller(A111).  You're going to uninstall this and check the box that says "Delete the driver software for this device".  Don't worry, it won't blow up your computer.

- Restart your computer.

- Re-open the Device Manager, and confirm that the Touchscreen is now listed under Human Interface Devices.  Your issue should be resolved!

Philo
Serial Port
Views: 90,878
Message 9 of 60

Confirmed that it worked for me, too! Thanks cmartins and theImmortal!

I created a system restore point just to make sure it didn't blow up my computer. So far, it hasn't. Smiley Happy
David5
Paper Tape
Views: 90,870
Message 10 of 60

Thanks for the idea of adding a restore point. That gave me the courage to try the solution myself, and it now works for me too!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors