Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jwinner88
What's DOS?
Views: 5,866
Message 21 of 59

Re: Ideapad (Flex 15) touchscreen not working on upgrade to Windows 10

Thanks! I did something similar to this. Hopefully this will help someone else:

• I was unable to locate anything similar to "HID touchscreen" when I opened device manager, so I unplugged my USB mouse
  • When I plugged it back in, "HID-compliant touch screen" popped up. I immediately tested my touchscreen within the Device Manager, and it worked
capederson14
What's DOS?
Views: 5,828
Message 22 of 59

I was having the same issue as you, where I couldn't locate any USB Touchscreen Controller(A111), and none of the other suggestions seemed to be working, but I was messing around in the Device Manager and noticed under USB Controllers at the bottom there were 3 hidden ones.  The one labeled USB Root Hub (xHCI) was showing as disabled for some reason.  Once I re-enabled this device my full touchscreen capabilites came back, all 3 usb ports began to work again and my bluetooth started to working again (all of which were also not working).  

I've been struggling with the touchscreen and the usb ports for a couple months now, so if you're still having troubles this might be worth a shot.

Dahlia1966
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,514
Message 23 of 59

@capederson14 wrote:

I was having the same issue as you, where I couldn't locate any USB Touchscreen Controller(A111), and none of the other suggestions seemed to be working, but I was messing around in the Device Manager and noticed under USB Controllers at the bottom there were 3 hidden ones.  The one labeled USB Root Hub (xHCI) was showing as disabled for some reason.  Once I re-enabled this device my full touchscreen capabilites came back, all 3 usb ports began to work again and my bluetooth started to working again (all of which were also not working).  

I've been struggling with the touchscreen and the usb ports for a couple months now, so if you're still having troubles this might be worth a shot.

Hi, when you say hidden, what do you mean please?

I loooked under Universal Serial Bus and saw the properties of the USB root hub you were talking about, and it said it was working properly. How do you check if it is disabled?

I cant get my screen to work, i use win 10

Dahlia1966
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,312
Message 24 of 59

I have a flex 14 idea pad model number 20308 and ever since I upgraded to windows 10, my touchscreen wont work, and i really miss it loads.

I am not a techie, so I don't understand the jargon, so could someone help me please get my touchscreen back. thanks in advance

It said somewhere on this site that I cannot use my onekey recovery button

Is that the little round button with the roundish arrow on it?

I am scared to use it in case I make my laptop unusable. please  help me get my beloved touchscheen back thanks

Moderator note: post moved as "bump" to existing thread on similar model and issue.  Subject edited to match content.  Was:  Re: Lenovo y50 not recognizing touch screen

bsulli42
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,146
Message 25 of 59

Re: Ideapad touchscreen not working on upgrade to Windows 10

I upgraded to Win 10 on my Yoga 3-11 a few months ago and touchscreen worked fine.  All of a sudden last week, the touchscreen stopped working.  I just tried Immortal's steps and now see the Synaptics HID under the HID category.  I powered down the Yoga and restarted.  Touchscreen still does not work.

Any other ideas?

capederson14
What's DOS?
Views: 5,140
Message 26 of 59

When you're in the Device Manager window at the top click the "View" drop down menu.  There you will find "show hidden devices".  Then if you go down to the USB controllers section you should find "USB Root Hub (xHCI)".  If this particular one is a little faded or lighter shade of gray that means it is disabled.  You should be able to right click and re enable it.  This is the method I used to get my touchscreen to work again, this also fixed the issues I was having with my usb ports on my laptop as well.  

Hopefully this helps. sorry for the delayed response.  
bsulli42
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,135
Message 27 of 59

UPDATE -  I read some other articles about phantom or ghost HID devices interfering with functionality.  I took a chance and removed the HID devices with the error code 45.  I restarted the Yoga 3-11 and noticed the USB 3.0 extensible host controller was disabled.  I re-enabled that, which then allowed me to re-enable the USB Root Hub (xHCI).  Things really started happening then - the active HID devices came back and so did the touch screen.  Yahoo!  Thanks for all the information on this problem.

---Previous post---

Thanks for the tip.  I unhid the devices and found that USB device.  Unfortunately, I cannot enable it.  The driver status message indicates that this device is not connected to the computer (Code 45).  "Please reconnect device to computer."  I see this status on several other now unhidden HID devices, as well.

kimw
What's DOS?
Views: 4,964
Message 28 of 59

This worked perfectly for me!!

dionps
Paper Tape
Views: 4,491
Message 29 of 59

Hi. I've found the one labeled USB Root Hub (xHCI) and yes it is disabled but how do I re-enabled it? Thank you so much. I really appreciate your time.

Dahlia1966
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,440
Message 30 of 59

I did a search for new drivers as per your message but it said drivers all upto date.

Sometimes, windows is unreliable in searching for drivers.

I remember searching for another driver I forget which one now, and windows said it was upto date, yet, there was a driver on the lenovo site, which resolved whatever problem it was I have having, I think it was something to do with the brightness control or something like that.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors