Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jose_M
Paper Tape
Views: 82
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad Flex 4-1480 Keyboard Issue

I have a Ideapad Flex 4-1480 and the keys Fn2, Fn4, 6, H and PgUp stop working. 

Below is the image of Lenovo Keyboard Diagnostic.

Anotación 2019-06-23 222131.jpg

Diagnostic tool always log  the message: The test detected user intervention while running. Please re-run the test without touching any attached or built-in keyboard or pointing device while the test is running. But i didn't touch any keys during tests.

Keyboard test ends with: Final Result Code: W36AKUKFKUGA-4LV9QH

Although F4 and 6 keys didn't work on the keyboard, from time to time i see the mic mute icon turns on and off, like if Fn F4 was pressed, and also from time to time, the character 6 appear on text input repeatedly until i touch another key.

Also note that PgUp don't work, but Up do, and both are the same physical keys, PgUp is Fn + Up

6 and H keys do not work in Bios Menu (didn´t try others).

Anyone could give me a hit? I'm not sure if replacing the keyboard will fix the issue.

Thanks in advance

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 28
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad Flex 4-1480 Keyboard Issue

Hi Jose_M!

Thank you for using the community forums.

It seems like you have a sticky key on the keyboard and if other keys are not working in the BIO, it's an indication of a hardware failure and the laptop needs a repair. We suggest you to get in touch with our Lenovo Argentina Support Team to check your repair options. You may reach them with the contact details below.

0800-222-0279
+54 11 52357144 (Aplican cargos estándar)
9:00 - 21:00 Lunes - Sábado

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors