English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

10-07-2019

US

1 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad Flex 5-1570 charging on and off

2019-10-07, 4:44 AM

I have had this Lenovo Flex 5 for a little over a year now and I have been using it daily for university. Only in the past week, whenever I need to charge , it charges for a couple seconds, then stops. It either goes like this in a cycle for a couple minutes before completely not charging or charges for a couple seconds and then stops completely. I have tried to take the battery out and power reset but that has not worked. However, it has been charging overnight if I shut it down. Any ideas on how to fix this or do I need to visit someone to get it repaired?

Options

434 Posts

11-04-2019

US

145 Signins

8799 Page Views

• Views: 8799
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad Flex 5-1570 charging on and off

2019-12-04, 22:00 PM

Hi  ,

Welcome to Community Forums!

Sorry for the late response.

Did you check if there's any damage on the charging port or the charger piece?

Do you get a message on the battery icon "plugged in not charging"?

You can try the troubleshooting steps provided for Battery/Charging issues : https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht063051 

and Troubleshooting Battery Issues: https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/migr-51038 .

For physical damage, you may need to call Tech Support for repair options if the unit is still under warranty.

Give us an update on how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save