Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daskern
Paper Tape
Views: 296
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad L340-15IRH Gaming high battery drain when turned off

I bought this computer about a month ago, and I love it apart from one problem. I have never owned a laptop with this kind of battery drain while turned off! The battery life during usage is pretty good, nothing unexpected there, but I can lose 10-20% overnight with the computer turned off which seems very high to me. If I fully charge the computer and turn it off, the battery is completely drained (0%) after a few days. Other laptops I've had could go weeks and still have plenty of battery left, so while I'm aware that there will always be some battery drain over time, this seems really extreme to me. Does anyone else with this model have the same issue or should I send mine in for repair?

Guru
Views: 265
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad L340-15IRH Gaming high battery drain when turned off

Welcome to the forums.  Have you tried turning off fast start up?  See below.  Also if you have usb always turned on turn it off.  Do you have any peripherals plugged in your usb port?

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT501793

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Daskern
Paper Tape
Views: 213
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad L340-15IRH Gaming high battery drain when turned off

I think I had USB always on turned off already, and I don't have anything at all plugged in. I tried turning off fast startup and gave it 24h turned off, but it doesn't seem to have done much of a difference, still lost around 30% during those 24h.

Anything else I could try? Or is it most likely a hardware issue?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors