09-19-2017 05:28 AM
Not had this laptop very long, everthing works, apart from the Wireless, well sort off.....
On first boot the laptop does not find the wireless hardware, ii I then shut down, and start again it does and then all works Ok!
Damed annoying having to cold boot twice to get it to recognise the wireless hardware, and yes I have reinstalled the latest drivers.
Its as though the wireless hardware is shutting itself down after a period of time without power, and won't start till ist sort of jump started by applying power IYSWIM.
Can anyone help please.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-20-2017 03:36 AM
Thank you for using the Lenovo forum
Best this to do as you have made sure your all up to date with everything is todo a hardware scan on your unit.
Please follow the below steps to install and run Lenovo solution centre.
1. Please click on the following link http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/lenovodiagnosticsolutions/tools/lscoverview
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
This should tell you if you have any issues with the hard ware in your device.
Let us know how you get on.
09-20-2017 07:33 AM
First let me thank you for the response and link to the download, however I am on Windows 10, I assume that the program will run in Windows 10, and have downloaded and installed
Would you believe, that this morning it started without issues first time (no need to cold boot a second time), as I believe that it would be a waste of time running the program untill the error raises its head again, that is assuming its was not a simple case of allowing the system to fully burn in. I will monitor the system over the next couple of days, and get back to you with the results.
Once again thank you, for your time and trouble
09-21-2017 10:37 PM
I have now been able to start the laptop first time without issues, I would have to say that whatever was causing the wireless hardware to misbehave has rectified itself. I will mark this issue as solved.