Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
churwitz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 182
Message 1 of 4

Internet connection/driver issues

I bought a Lenovo 720S-14IKB about a month ago and ever since I've received it I've been having issues with internet connectivity. The network card is a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter.

Sometimes it behaves fine (usually after rebooting or resetting the driver), but mostly I get timeouts or programs not working because they can't connect to the internet. This mostly happens in Firefox since I use it the most, but I see it also in Outlook, Lenovo Vantage and Microsoft Smart Scan for example. This manifests itself by timeouts or other errors in Firefox, or "Performing TLS Handshake" message continuously or sometimes the Firefox and other programs just continue to show a loading spinner indefinitely.

I've searched the internet to find recommendations, I've tried turning off ipv6 and DNS prefetch in Firefox, I've tried reinstalling or rolling back the wireless driver and all of these work for a limited time, and then it goes back to very spotty connectivity on the computer. None of my other devices (I have 2 other laptops and 2 other phones as well as a variety of connected home devices) seem to exhibit this behavior.

Any advice of how to track down the issue or solutions to try? Thank you!
Sonusaini
Blue Screen Again
Views: 84
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internet connection/driver issues

My problem same

Sonusaini
Blue Screen Again
Views: 82
Message 3 of 4

My dataon but my data icon is show me dishconneted
churwitz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 51
Message 4 of 4

Lenovo sent me a new computer, but as of now it's still having the same issues with wifi. If they can't figure this out, I'm going to have to return for a refund.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors