cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCombs
Paper Tape
Views: 431
Message 1 of 5

Is this almost new Lenovo 310-151KB worth trying to repair?

This laptop is about a year old and I rarely use it because it is unreliable.. It freezes up about half the time I try and use it. I have re-installed Windows 10 about 6 times. When it freezes up and I have to shut it off by holding the power button it goes into a "scanning and repairing drive" operation for a couple of hours. I am so close to just throwing this in the trash and buying a Mac. Is it worth trying to repair it?

Guru
Views: 338
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is this almost new Lenovo 310-151KB worth trying to repair?

When was it purchased? Is the machine still under warranty? 

X1 Carbon 3rd Gen Type 20BT i7-5500U, 2560x1440 (non-touch), Win 10 Pro, 8GB RAM, 512 SSD, Intel 7625 WiFi, BT 4.0 | ThinkVision P24q-10 monitor

------------------------------------------
When asking for help, post your question in the forum. Remember to include your system type, model number, and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help others with the same question in the future.
TCombs
Paper Tape
Views: 321
Message 3 of 5

It is still under warranty. Its only a few months old. I think it has a bad hard drive. Website support is terrible. I was skeptical buying a Lenovo and wish I would have made a different choice. Very frustrating.

Guru
Views: 311
Message 4 of 5

I suggest that you start here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/contactus and begin the Warranty Support process. I have used IBM & Lenovo ThinkPads for over a decade and I find that the warranty repairs tend to be done correctly and I have a fully functioning machine after warranty support.
X1 Carbon 3rd Gen Type 20BT i7-5500U, 2560x1440 (non-touch), Win 10 Pro, 8GB RAM, 512 SSD, Intel 7625 WiFi, BT 4.0 | ThinkVision P24q-10 monitor

------------------------------------------
When asking for help, post your question in the forum. Remember to include your system type, model number, and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help others with the same question in the future.
TCombs
Paper Tape
Views: 309
Message 5 of 5

Thanks. I tried last night to start the process but I guess it has to be Mon-Fri to get live help. This laptop just sits on the desk and collects dust because sometimes it takes hours to get it to work right. Between the re-installing of Windows and the "repairing disk errors" it is extremely frustrating. It has rendered this months old laptop unusable. It's very frustrating.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors