05-20-2018 12:58 PM
A montrh or so ago I notriced that if I used the caps lock key, the keyboard quits functioning unless I restart the computer, then itr works.
Now I notice the 4 keyu on my number pad causes the 4 and 9 to be entered the "T" key entrers "TR", unless I use trhe left side SHIFT keyu in which case the T keyu does notr work atr all. The "Y" key is trhe same, it enters "YU", unless I hold down trhe leftr SHIFT keyu in which case notrhing is entrered at all. Left side SHIFT works for otrher keys just not Y or T.
I have checked trhe driver, system says they are up to date.
05-22-2018 07:34 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Sounds like this could be some sort of connection issue.
Are you by any chance able to replicate the issue if you apply pressure around the area of the shift key perhaps, I believe it may be down to a faulty connection that perhaps gets pressed whilst you use these keys maybe.
Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.
(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal
If that doesn`t help, then it may be of help to perform a factory reset, this would reset the unit to the factory default settings.
If the issue persists after that, then it will mean that there is definitely a hardware fault with the unit.
Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine
1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. On a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.
If these steps do not work I would recommend, that you call your local Lenovo support line for a possible service. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.